4.0 RC : What about Inline Content Editing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:33

4.0 RC : What about Inline Content Editing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2010 00:00

I read in the roadmap for the 4.0 that you plan to introduce "Inline Content Editing" future.

When i check the features list for the 4.0 RC, I not see any mention about that.
Can you tell me if its still a feature you plan to introduce in the 4.0 version?

"Inline Content Editing" for me is the possibility for the user to consult the website in live mode and click somwhere on edit button to modify some part of the content of the page and then save the content and go back to the live site.
Is it the same for you?

Hello fabien,

Yes, this is the same for us :) 
We are planning to have this feature for the official release. We call it Browse and Edit feature.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

How will the browse and edit count in relation to concurrent logins? and do you have to use the built in designer controls for this function to work.

Best Regards,

Neil

Hello Neil,

Users that can perform browse and edit, are users that can actually change a content item from the back-end too. Their sessions will be counted in the concurrent users pool.

Sincerely yours,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

and what about checkIn checkOut with the browse and edit function when use for edit a shared content in a live page? does it block for edit?

Hi fabien,

We haven't finished the implementation yet, but when a user should edit the page either from the live site, or from the administration, the page should be locked for other users.

Sincerely yours,
Georgi
the Telerik team

I understand that the implementation is not finish yet
but my question was about the edition of a shared content in a page
I understand this page is locked for the other users
but what about the others pages who use the same shared content?
- the others pages are locked too?
- the shared content can be edit in this pages simultaneously?
- the others pages can be edit but the shared content not?

Best regards

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Fabien,

Unfortunately we cannot answer to these questions now. They are helping us to clarify how the feature should work too. Therefore we are giving you 600 Telerik points. 
I hope that we could discuss them again soon!

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed