Localization, controls and confirmation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:19

Localization, controls and confirmation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello team!

I have a few questions about the upcoming SF4.

Localization: I see that I can localize the back-end of SF4 witch i great, but can I reuse the created language(s) in an other SF4 installation in a manageable way? Is there any major differences between the licenses?

Developing new modules and controls: Can a new control or module be compiled to just one "licens", or must they be compiled to each and everyone? I guess that depends on a few things such as advanced workflow and so on, but would a simple control/module work on all licences?

Confirmation: I´ve been following the pricing/licens debate and I´m just wondering if I understand it all correctly. Can you confirm analytics in SB licens and granular permission in the standard licens? Anything else that have changed since the pricing webinar?

Can´t wait to start pushing this to my client´s!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for using our services.

Let me try to address your questions in my response bellow:

The labels localization supports export/import so you will be able to reuse localized resources across multiple projects. You will be also able to use them for projects with different types of licenses as we are handling licensing in different approach than Sitefinity 3.x.

When you are developing custom controls you will also be able to re-use them on different editions as long as they use functionality that is available on those editions. This means that if your custom controls utilize functionality which is available only in Professional and Enterprise editions then your controls will not be usable on lower editions.

We are still discussing the availability of those features across editions. Our sales department will announce the latest changes to the licensing model once we have finalized our decisions. In the mean time you can check the license comparison page here. Changes in the model will be reflected there.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Radoslav!

The localization part seems to be a great addition. That will save us a lot of time and frustration.

I´ll follow the comparison table to see what decision you will make.

This thread is closed