Using a tabstrip in a Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:53

Using a tabstrip in a Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2010 00:00

I have rebuild the Jobs demo application and wanted to extend the Register application Widget with some controls.
One of the controls a Tabstrip. But i does not seems to work, i am not able to switch between tabs. 
I have tried to use a tabstrip on a normal webpage and there it works fine.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I have specified the tabstrip as this:

<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0" 
    MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1"  Align="Justify" ReorderTabsOnSelect="True">
    <Tabs>
        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Detail information" 
            PageViewID="RadPageView1" SelectedIndex="0" Selected="True">
        </telerik:RadTab>
        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Screenshots" PageViewID="RadPageView2">
    </Tabs>
</telerik:RadTabStrip>
<telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0">
    <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView1" runat="server" Height="400px">
        <asp:Label ID="Label6" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
        <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" Runat="server">
        </telerik:RadEditor>
    </telerik:RadPageView>
    <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView2" runat="server"  Height="400px">
        Screenshots
    <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView3" runat="server">
        Languages
</telerik:RadMultiPage>

Anyone has coped with the same problem?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Bes,

I checked the code you have pasted and there is no problem with it in Sitefinity. Could you check the browser console for some javascript errors? If the problem persists can you provide the exact steps you are following  ( add the code to, then drop xxxx control on a page, then do ...)

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

I started again and have done the following steps on the JobApplicationUpload.ascx:

1. Drag & drop the RadTabStrip on the designer
2. Pressed "Build RadTabStrip" in the RadTabStrips Tasks menu
3. Add two new tabs in the Item builder
4. Press "Add RadMulitpage" in the RadTabStrips Tasks menu
5. Select the rammulitpage component and press "Add RadPageView"
6. Note: I am not able to select the "Related RadMultiPage" from the RadTabStrips Tasks menu
   So I am doing this manually (in code)

MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1"
7. Add two button on each tabview to be able to determine if tab switching is working
8. Compile and run

Also what I have noticed is that when I drag and drop the tabstrip in a custom website I have more option (like create a scriptmanager and a RadajaxManager). In the sitefinity site i do not have these options in the RadTabStrips Tasks menu.

When I run now no tabview is shown only the tabstrip. And switching between tabs is not possible.
Complete code:
<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0" 
    MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1">
         <Tabs>
             <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root RadTab1" Selected="True">
             <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root RadTab2">
         </Tabs>
</telerik:RadTabStrip>
<telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView1" runat="server">
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
    <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView2" runat="server">
        <asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" Text="Button2" />
</telerik:RadMultiPage>

If you need more info let me know!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Bes,

Unfortunately this issue cannot be replicated locally and in our internal builds. Also in the last code you sent you have not set PageViewID property of the RadTab which sets which RadMultiPage will be opened.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2012 00:00

Have this been resolved? I have a very similar problem.
I have a radtabstrip and radmultipage on a widget. On page load event of ascx (widget) I load the first tab (another user control). This works fine. Then I click a button within the first tab (button contained in user control) to enable 2nd tab and load another user control on that 2nd tab. The control loads fine. But I can not anymore go back to the 1st tab (clicking the tab). And the telerik controls on the 2nd tab (the 2nd user control) does not behave properly (i.e. combobox not dropping down, datepicker not showing calendar popout, etc.)
HELP?!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2012 00:00

Have this been resolved? I have a very similar problem.
I have a radtabstrip and radmultipage on a widget. On page load event of ascx (widget) I load the first tab (another user control). This works fine. Then I click a button within the first tab (button contained in user control) to enable 2nd tab and load another user control on that 2nd tab. The control loads fine. But I can not anymore go back to the 1st tab (clicking the tab). And the telerik controls on the 2nd tab (the 2nd user control) does not behave properly (i.e. combobox not dropping down, datepicker not showing calendar popout, etc.)
HELP?!

This thread is closed