Sitefinity 4.0 RC was released

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:24

Sitefinity 4.0 RC was released

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi all,

We are happy to announce that the Release Candidate of Sitefinity 4.0 is now available for download on this link.

The highlights of this release are multilingual support, advanced workflow, widget template editor, new analytics reports, ability to import and aggregate RSS feeds, new licensing implementation, and live writer support for blogs.  We also fixed a number of issues discovered since Beta 2. Detailed Release Notes are below.

We will be releasing weekly builds from now on.  Expect to see many fixes and updates in the coming weeks.

As always, your feedback is welcome. Please, get back to us with your comments!

Regards,
Sitefinity Team

22 November Update:

A new (910) was released today with fixes of two problems:
  • “Invalid time zone standard name” appearing to users on localized Windows OS;
  • “Failed workflow operation” error showing when Sitefinity projects are hosted on ISS server which is different from the user’s machine.
To upgrade your projects, just download the newly released Project Manager, select your project and click on Upgrade.

=========================================================
Sitefinity 4.0 RC – Release Notes

What’s New

Multilingual Support

• Ability to set languages for public site and administration
  • Filtering of content by language in public site and administration
  • URL management for sites in different languages
  • Language selector control

Workflow

• Based on WW4.0
  • Approval workflows for content and pages (with one and two steps of approval)
  • Ability to upload custom workflows (as xaml file)
  • Advanced abilities to extend workflow and standard content lifecycle

Analytics

• Added multidimensional reports
  • Grouping of data by day, week and month

Widget Template Editor

• Ability to edit and create widget templates in Sitefinity Administration

Feeds

• Added ability to aggregate RSS feeds
  • Option to import content to Sitefinity from external RSS feeds
  • Option to make custom mapping from external content fields to Sitefinity content fields

Blogs

• Live writer and Atompub support

New Licensing

Migration Tool from 3.x

Known Issues

Multilingual Support

• Approval workflow problems in Multilingual support
  • Changing the default language causes problems with publishing

Workflow

• Problems with approving in workflow with 2 steps of approval

Upgrade from Beta 2

• Problems with approving in workflow with 2 steps of approval

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

I downloaded the complete installation. I then created a professional project. Now when I run the project I get an error:
"Invalid time zone standard name."
I run the project on a computer with a German Windows 7

The time zone I'm beginning to put UTC + 1 (Germany).
For Test, I change the time zone to UTC - 5 (USA & Canada).

Error is still the same.

It's been a little frustrating. The download took 2.5 hours and now it is not running.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

eb-88

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

I have the exact same problem.
Configuration is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard French.
New project or upgraded "Beta 2" project gives the same result: "Invalid time zone standard name."

It is VERY frustrating because now I can't work at all any longer on our "real" project as we migrated it to RC, and it  is broken...

What should we do ??

FM

It is really frustrating. - First we had to wait for RC rollout with delay and delay by the development team. - Now after downloading and installing it does not work. What should we think about.

Is it really so difficult to deliver a working SF4 environment also for European customers??? If Sitefinity can't solve those problems we are forced to look for alternative solutions. 

Regards, Robert

Hello,

I've got exactly the same Error. Is there already a solution?

Regards, Gabriele

[ArgumentException: Invalid time zone standard name.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TimeZoneInfoTypeConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value) +265
   System.Configuration.ConfigurationProperty.SetDefaultValue(Object value) +135
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.CreateConfigurationPropertyFromAttributes(PropertyInfo info) +556
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.CreatePropertyBagFromType(Type type) +97
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.GetPropertiesFromType(Type type, ConfigPropertyCollection& result) +104
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.CreateConfigurationPropertyFromAttributes(PropertyInfo info) +603
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.CreatePropertyBagFromType(Type type) +97
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.GetPropertiesFromType(Type type, ConfigPropertyCollection& result) +104
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.EnsurePropertiesInitialized() +82
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.get_Properties() +15
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemConfig.get_CacheDependencyHandlers() +16
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.CacheDependency..cctor() +78

[TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.CacheDependency" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.CacheDependency.Notify(DataProviderBase provider, ExecutingEventArgs args) +0
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.DataProviderBase.OnExecuting(ExecutingEventArgs args) +60
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.SaveSection(ConfigSection section) +71
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigManager.SaveSection(ConfigSection section) +25
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager..cctor() +344

[TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.GetCurrentUser() +0
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.UserPolicyHandler.GetPolicyNames(ConfigProvider configProvider, ConfigSection section) +27
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.GetValueFromPolicy(ConfigPolicyHandler handler, ConfigProperty prop, Object& value) +101
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.GetPolicyValue(ConfigProperty prop, Object& value) +87
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.get_Item(ConfigProperty prop) +56
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.get_Item(String propertyName) +68
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Configuration.ResourcesConfig.get_Cultures() +17

[TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +0
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +72
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +335
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +28
   System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture) +63
   System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index) +19
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.ApplyInstanceAttributes(Object instance) +181
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.EnsurePropertiesInitialized() +90
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.get_Properties() +15
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElement.get_Item(String propertyName) +19
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Configuration.ResourcesConfig.get_Providers() +17
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.ResourceManager.get_ProvidersSettings() +22
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetProvidersSettings() +10
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.Initialize() +507
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +24
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.ResourceManager..ctor() +21
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Res..cctor() +21

[TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Res" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Res.RegisterResource() +0
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.ObjectFactory.RegisterIoCTypes() +980
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +83
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +24
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +166
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +46
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +715
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +283
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +104
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Guys,

We have identified the problem. It happens on some localized Windows versions. We will provide you with a temporary workaround within a couple of hours.  A permanent solution will be available with the next build next week. 

Best wishes,

Bob
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi There,

I'm having the same problem, runinng windows with US english.

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Is Sitefinity 4.0 not supported on WinXP? Or perhaps there is another issue...

I'm getting the following error as soon as I open the MSI file:

"This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service. You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service."

I'm running Windows XP Pro, SP3 fully patched with all windows updates, etc.

Hi Kevin,

You can take a look at this post - Windows XP Pro SP 3 - Newer installer needed

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

We get an error when installing on IIS 6 Windows 2003 .NET 4.0.
The error is as follows:
Chainer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Clicking ok sends me to an Installation Error page.
Please see attached jpeg.
Thank you.
Stevo.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

Any news on the fix for this issue?

The new build is online

"Invalid Time Zone" issue is fixed by the new build.
Thanks guys!

Does the new build include anything else besides the fix for the timezone issue? The release notes don't specify any details yet. I setup the original release and want to know if there's any reason to update my version, I didn't have the timezone issue.

Thanks!

Hi all,

This is to let you know that updated build (910) was release today. It is available for download in your account.

This build fixes two problems:

• “Invalid time zone standard name” appearing to users on localized Windows OS;
  • “Failed workflow operation” error showing when Sitefinity projects are hosted on ISS server which is different from the user’s machine.
To upgrade your projects, just download the newly released Project Manager, select your project and click on Upgrade.

Best,
Sitefinity Team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello

I have just upgraded my website from 4.0 beta2 to 4.0 RC by manually copying the latest code to the existing code. I have got it working but I have noticed that there are few modules/features missing. Images, Videos and Documents from content section are missing after I upgraded. And widget templates from Design section is also missing. Please advise me how to fix this issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Kiran,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please try rolling back the project to the Beta 2 version and use the Upgrade button of the Project Manager. You should copy the RC project manager and paste it in the directory where you have previously deployed it. It seems that the upgrade has not been complete.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

I'm having the same problem (missing Images, Videos and Documents) , but I used the Upgrade button.

Any help to get this sorted, I'm stuck.

/Keivan

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2010 00:00

I've had the same problem with Documents, Images etc missing from the Content menu.  Like Keivan I upgraded my site from Beta 2 to RC using the Upgrade button in the Project Manager.  I can see the content is still there, it's just the menu entries that are missing.

Neil.

Hi Neil Mercer and Keivan Kechmiri,

Can you please let us know which version of the Beta 2 you have you have upgraded from (build 676 or build 685)?

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Hi

I upgraded from 676.

/Keivan

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi

I've got the solution from Support for the missing Libraries (Document/Images/Videos), do as follows to resolve the problem.
Go to: Administration/Settings/Advanced/System/ApplicationModules/Libraries

* Remove Version info (if any)
* Change StartUpType to OnFirstCall

Restart Sitefinity (Recycle Application Pool or make a dummy change to web.config)

/Keivan

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

I get the same problem as Stevo.

I try to install Sitefinity.4-0-941-0 on windows server 2003 and get

"Chainer has encountered a problem and needs to close."

What is the problem and when is this going to be fixed?  Do you need my log file to determine the issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Bethany,
I was able to get around this by NOT clicking OK when you get the error, then goto Program Files / Telerik / Sitefinity 4.0 and make a copy of this folder. Then go back to the install screen and click OK when you get the error.  Unfortunately, by clicking OK, it will delete the Sitefinty 4.0 folder, however because you have made a copy of it, go back to Program Files / Telerik etc... and rename the folder "copy of Sitefinity 4.0" to "Sitefinity 4.0".  You now have Sitefinity 4.0.  
The chaining problem is related to Windows 2003 with .NET 4.0.  Not sure of exactly what the problem is, but I know they are working on a fix.
Hope this helps.
Stevo.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Stevo,

Just to let you know that the problem is caused by the installation of the RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax and RadControls for Silverligh. You can select custom installation and do not install those components. Then the install will complete successfully.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed