Problems

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:42

Problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

Can't seem to Save a page...keeps giving a "Failed workflow operation" popup :/

*EDIT* Have plain install with ENG and FR setup as languages before I made a page...deleting that page and making another gives the same error

Also you're still storing forms in the DB without a prefix :/

Yeah, this thing doesn't work... :/

Deleted everything (db and site) and Tried a fresh install...same error

Though Windows 7 IIS (not Casini) and Sql 2008

I am seeing the same thing with IIS 7 & Sql 2008 R2.  I have not tried an install via the file system yet.

Also the samples look gimped (no styling)

...unable to create any Image or document libraries

Try to upload an item gives an Object reference error popup

**EDIT**
Same with News & Events, etc...same error

Here's the PUT

"Item":"AllowComments":"true","AllowTrackBacks":null,"ApprovalWorkflowState":"Value":"","ApproveComments":false,"AvailableLanguages":["","en"],"Category":[],"City":"Value":"","ContactCell":"Value":"","ContactEmail":"","ContactName":"Value":"","ContactPhone":"Value":"","ContactWeb":"","Content":"Value":"","Country":"Value":"","DateCreated":"\/Date(1290113850507)\/","DefaultPageId":null,"Description":"Value":"","EmailAuthor":false,"EventEnd":"\/Date(1605733046000)\/","EventStart":"\/Date(1290113846000)\/","ExpirationDate":null,"Id":"b25c9b84-c856-4d0a-baf7-4a8136b8a0a4","LastModifiedBy":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","OriginalContentId":"9084b1f2-ef1a-4966-8fdc-7ccfc6a3eb3e","Owner":"d9d3d500-6894-4422-ae19-85c24225a953","PostRights":1,"PublicationDate":"\/Date(1290113846857)\/","State":"Value":"","Status":1,"Street":"Value":"","Summary":"Value":"","Tags":[],"Title":"Value":"Test","UIStatus":0,"UrlName":"Value":"test","Version":0,"ViewsCount":0,"Visible":false,"VotesCount":0,"VotesSum":0,"LastModified":"\/Date(1290113885702)\/","ItemType":"Telerik.Sitefinity.Events.Model.Event"

Response
"Detail":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Headers
Host    sf4.dev123.medportal.ca
User-Agent  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Accept  text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset  ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive  115
Connection  keep-alive
X-Requested-With    XMLHttpRequest
SF_UI_CULTURE   en
Content-Type    application/json; charset=UTF-8
Referer http://sf4.dev123.medportal.ca/Sitefinity/Dialog/ContentViewEditDialog?ControlDefinitionName=EventsBackend&ViewName=EventsBackendEdit
Content-Length  1130

Same Error produced on my installation.

Unusable so far...

Ok, so good(ish) news is that it works if you load it into VS and just run the project

...but I need it in IIS :)  Is there some IIS config I'm missing?  I made sure I have the Xaml mimetypes...

There's nothing in the error logs, and I dont see any special IIS config in the install doc

*Edit*
Just for testing I tried DEPLOYING then hooking it up to IIS...see attached image, i cant even enter a backend section anymore

Sorry...looks like the telerik site has a bug where I cant attach an image on an Edit

I tried installing on Sql 2008 (not R2) with the same results.  Then I tried over the file system.  Things appeared to be working as long as I am running it through the built in engine. 

Not sure what else would be causing this.  I ran through the same setup scenario as when I tested Beta 2.  IIS 7 appPool is set to LocalSystem as well.

Hi Steve...make sure when you published and deploy the website that the Sitefinity folder is included. When I published under Beta 2, it wouldn't include the Sitefinity folder and I got that error. Telerik told me it was a build error and that they were going to fix it.

Also...my pages would come up with errors if I changed anything on a code behind page and didn't "Build" the website again. So if you change anything on a code behind page, make sure you "Build" before running it through IIS.

Hope that helps some...I nearly went bald pulling my hair out with some of the quirks.

Here is some more information.  Generally I was trying to create blog entries and getting all types of endpoint/workflow errors.  I also get the workflow error that Steve has mentioned when I just try to publish a simple page.  I have the site configured through IIS 7 on a development box.   I am able to access admin from my local box via my development url that I gave the site through IIS.  I get errors when trying to publish anything.

I then logged onto the development box and ran the site, again, via the url and not through the built in server.  Everything appears to work fine as long as I am on the development box that has IIS running on it.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Hmmm, well the sitefinity folder is defiantly there in the iis folder, but it's not part of the project

It's also a fresh install, I havent had the ability to add anything to it yet to change :)

As far as publishing yeah, good call!....no sitefinity folder published

**Edit** okay, so I copied it over to the published folder, and now I at least get into News, but I get 3-4 "undefined" popups and no button to try and save it.

I have tried playing around with permissions in both IIS and the folders, but still am not having any luck getting this to work with iis on a remote server.

Setting Network Services on the app pool and the folders is not working either.  I currently have it set at targeting the 4.0 framework in integrated with LocalSystem.  Are there other settings required for IIS 7?

Hello,

We do not require special setups for IIS. Could you please provide us with some stack trace and actual error screens?

We are following the thread closely guys. We have identified some of the problems and we are going to address them soon. By the way, we are going to have an internal builds on weekly basis, which will be mainly focused on bug fixes - issues reported by you.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

i am running the latest RC on iis7 with sql server 2008 and when i hit "Publish" or "save as draft" I get a pop up message stating ...

"Failed Workflow Operation.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I will have to gather the rest of the screen shots later, but here is the most generic that I have come across.  This is when trying to publish a page.  In this example you see I have some content and a blog widget added.  I have tried this without content with the same results.

We have the same issue. Works fine on my local machine (IIS 7) but if I hit my machine or our development machine I deployed it to we get the error. We looked at it in firebug and it's failing on a put operation on the workflow service

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

It looks like today's build (Nov 22nd) has fixed the workflow operations errors that I was previously seeing.

Awesome!

So is it another .exe then?...any idea if we can update existing project built on the last release?

You can grab a new SDK install or just the project manger .exe.  I am not sure about the upgrade path.  When I launched the new manager it did not recognize earlier versions of projects so I did not see an option to upgrade.   I had not gone very far so I did a clean install.

Hello all,

@Stacey, can you please try placing the project manager in the same directory as the previous one was? This should be your installation path. When you place it there and thus replace the old one it will read the Projects.xml file which contains a list of your projects and detect which project can be upgraded.

@Steve, you should be able to upgrade previously created projects to this one.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thank you Radoslav.  I was not paying attention, obviously, to how the project manager worked.  I was keeping the updates in a separate folder to keep track of versions.  Makes sense that it cannot pick up existing projects if it does not have the project list ;P

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

Ok, this was the first sitefinity upgrade I enjoyed doing :)

Very nice, overwrite the EXE, then when you load it, it shows an "Upgrade" button...click it, and you're upgraded!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2010 00:00

Any solution for the "Failed Workflow Operation" error?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello jkregala,

Can you please let us know the version of Sitefinity you are using as well as take a look at this forum thread:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/failed-workflow-operation.aspx

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2010 00:00

Yep, sorry forgot to update my post. My issue with this error has been resolved. Thanks.

This thread is closed