Invalid time zone standard name.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:10

Invalid time zone standard name.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi

I was trying the standard version of the RC, and I am having  a "little" problem accessing the web site newly created. It says something about timezone....
System.ArgumentException: Invalid time zone standard name.

I live at switzerland and my timezone is   
UTC +1 : amesterdam, bern, etc....
System: win 7 professional, 64 bits

Can you help me on this?

Thanks in advance

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi.

Here is a print screen to help you solve this anoying problem.

I'm having the exact same problem, any solution?

/Keivan

Hello Keivan,

Could you send us
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/SystemConfig.config file or paste its content here in the thread.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

In my case there is no such file on that path.

Hi

It happens even if I start with a new project, the new project doesn't have any files in the directory exept for ProjectConfig.config.

I'll paste the SystemConfig.config from another project that I've updated from Beta2.

I'm running +1 Stockholm TimeZone on a Swedish OS.

/Keivan

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<systemConfig>
 <cacheDependencyHandlers>
  <add name="GeneralCacheDependency" description="A generic cache dependency handler." type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.CacheDependencyHandler, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" />
  <add name="SecurityCacheDependency" description="A cache dependency handler for permissions." type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityCacheDependencyHandler, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" />
  <add name="PageCacheDependency" description="A cache dependency handler for pages and templates." type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageCacheDependencyHandler, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" />
  <add name="ConfigCacheDependency" description="A cache dependency handler for configuration polices." type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigCacheDependencyHandler, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" />
 </cacheDependencyHandlers>
 <systemServices />
 <servicesModules>
  <add name="Search" title="ModuleTitle" description="ModuleDescription" resourceClassId="SearchResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.SearchModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
 </servicesModules>
 <controlDesigners>
  <add controlType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI.ContentBlock, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" controlDesigner="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI.ContentBlockDesigner, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" />
 </controlDesigners>
 <applicationModules>
  <add name="News" title="NewsTitle" description="NewsDescription" resourceClassId="NewsResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.NewsModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
  <add name="Blogs" title="BlogsTitle" description="BlogsDescription" resourceClassId="BlogResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
  <add name="Events" title="ModuleTitle" description="ModuleDescription" resourceClassId="EventsResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Events.EventsModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
  <add name="Classifications" title="ModuleTitle" description="ModuleDescription" resourceClassId="TaxonomyResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
  <add name="Libraries" title="ModuleTitle" description="ModuleDescription" resourceClassId="LibrariesResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
  <add name="Analytics" title="ModuleTitle" description="AnalyticsDescription" resourceClassId="AnalyticsResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.AnalyticsModule, Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
  <add name="Forms" title="FormsTitle" description="FormsDescription" resourceClassId="FormsResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.FormsModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" />
  <add name="Publishing" title="ModuleTitle" description="ModuleDescription" resourceClassId="PublishingMessages" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Publishing.PublishingModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
  <add name="GenericContent" title="ModuleTitle" description="ModuleDescription" resourceClassId="ContentResources" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentModule, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />
 </applicationModules>
 <smtpSettings />
 <licensing />
</systemConfig>

Hi Keivan,

Could you try to add the following element to SystemConfig.config file

<uiTimeZoneSettings timeZoneStandartName="W. Europe Standard Time" />

Please let me know the result.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Doesn't work for me, the same problem.

/Keivan

Hi

If I deply to a Server (IIS) (W2k8 R2 English) with Locale Swedish and TimeZone "Swedish" it works. Don't know what the difference is.

/Keivan

I have also the same problem with Time Zone.............

Doesn't work whatever value I tried in the uiTimeZoneSettings tag.
This is true for newly created projects or for Beta2 upgraded projects.

Hey Keivan, did you try on your US Windows to set Swedish as the Defaul System TimeZone ? My guess is that Sitefinity fails whenever the default TimeZone is non english. But I don't have the time to try that right now...

Hi Francois

I'm not sure what you mean, but the server is in production so I can't change any settings, but the server's timezone is Swedish. I tried to change my develop machine that have a Swedish OS to use different TimeZones and also to change Locale and Location, but no luck to get rid of the timezone error.

/Keivan

...also the same problem.....
just to push priority
(sitting here in Grmany)

Ok Keivan, don't change any system settings on your prod server!
I'll try that this evening if problemn isn't solved by then by Telerik.

Hi,

I tried all the solutions here, except the systemconfig.config entry (because i don't have the file) and still, have the problem.

Guys,

We have identified the problem. It is not the time zone, it is rather localization problem. It happens on some localized Windows versions. We will provide you with a temporary workaround within a couple of hours.  A permanent solution will be available with the next build next week.

Regards,
Bob
the Telerik team

Hi all,

I also tried to rebuild the systemconfig.config file by cloning it from a beta-project and replacing the <uiTimeZoneSettings timeZoneStandartName="W. Europe Standard Time" /> .... but nothing new.

What is now? Another idea?

Regards robert

Hey (Telerik) guys I know that you are doing the best you can, but do you have an update for us ? We've been stuck all day long on this issue...

Thanks.

François

Hey everyone,

You'll get the fix for this (new updated build) Monday.  I was told it's already been addressed, but it's late right now in Sofia.  Building & uploading a brand new build on Friday when everyone is walking out the door is a bad idea.  So we'll get this done on Monday when we have all the people needed to support it.

Sorry for the slight delay on this.  I appreciate everyone reporting this issue.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Ok, thanks for the update gabe.

Hi Gabe,

this is not good to build a positive relationship. - First we had to wait for the 16th, then the 18th - then it did not work - so I changed my plans and was waiting for the solution as you promised.

Can we ever relay on that what you tell us???? - So we can go into weekends ful frustrated !!!

Bad thing.

Robert,

If it's truly impossible to wait the weekend, toss me an email to sumner@telerik.com and I'll try to help.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Hi,

Thanks for your effort.

We will wait paciently.... Have a nice weekend.. 

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Bob,

Any news on this work around? Will this be resolved in the next release? Note, I have created a brand new project for version 4.0.907.0, and am getting the "invalid time zone standard name" error. The only file that exists in the \App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ is ProjectConfig.config.

My development machine is running Windows Vista 32bit, IIS7, my local settings are set to New Zealand, but for curiosity sake, I changed my regional date format settings to Swedish, but didn't have much luck getting it running.

Look forward to the fix

Cheers

Hello Haydn,

We have already fixed the issue in the code. Today, we are going to upload a new build in downloads section of client service accounts, so you will be able to download it.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hey RobertZ121

whoever programs without bugs should throw the first stone..........! 

Do you? Sad, that we have to wait, but *** happens...... 

You could still work on a template or something else, so no reason to be angry at the developers and telerik, since they are trying their best and trying to inform you about the next steps. 

Thanks telerik for a great product and great communication! 

(Mistakes are there to be made!) said by a wise guy ;-)

Erik, I subscribe to what you are saying.
It is a problem for me that Sitefinity isn't working as expected.
But we have to remember that it's still in it's beta phase and guess what, a beta version is expected to have bugs! That is precisely the reason why there is a beta phase: to identify and kill bugs :)

Thanks to Telerik for your outstanding commitment to you customers and the global quality of your work & efforts.

The new build is online

Problem Solved.
"Invalid Time Zone" issue is fixed by the new build.
Thanks guys

Hello Francois,

There are two fixes

• Timezone issue
  • Sitefinity now works outside of localhost in a trial mode - there was some code that prevents using the trial mode in a host which is not "localhost" or which IP is 127:0:0:1
There are no other fixes in this build.
Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

I get this error now using Azure for the first time. I have 5.3.3900.0

This thread is closed