SF 4.0 Oracle / MySQL support?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:04

SF 4.0 Oracle / MySQL support?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

Now that more info about the SF 4.0 features is available, and you finally have a release date - is there any information when you will add Oracle (and MySQL) support for Sitefinity 4.0?

You told me in a support ticket that "Initially" you wouldn't support Oracle, but failed to qualify a time span (days, weeks, months?) when this support would be added, even after a specific request for clarification.

I was told that more information would be available after the RC was released and I should use the forums for such questions ... well, it's out now, so what's the deal?

From what I understood so far, the holdup seems to be that the project manager currently lacks Oracle support, while OpenAccess ORM supports it just fine. Would I be able to run a SF 4.0 website on Oracle if I don't use the project manager?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

I also would like to know the intended release date for Oracle support in Sitefinity 4.0.

Can we get an update on this please?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Laurence and Chris,

Support for Oracle and MySQL is planned for implementation after the official release in January.
The task will be scheduled for either Q1(ending in April) or Q2(ending in July) of 2011.More details will be announced in March.

The hold up right now is that we do not have mappings for Oracle and MySQL. Our mappings are optimized and support SQL only. That said you will not be able to run a SF 4.0 website on Oracle if you  don't use the project manager.

What we are planning to do is is rewrite our mappings using the Fluent Mapping API of the latest version of OpenAccess. All databases supported by OpenAccess will be supported by Sitefinity as well after that.

I hope that answered your question.

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Kalina,

Thanks for the info. This helps a lot in terms of planning for upcoming website upgrades.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

Any updates on Oracle support? It seems to have been dropped from your road maps, so has this been pushed back further?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

Oracle support has been added with version 4.1, though it is still marked as Beta.
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/sitefinity-4-1-released.aspx

Any information about final Oracle support (timeframe, beta version limitations, known issues, etc.) would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

In regards to Oracle support:

• A list of known issues was resolved and will be included in SP1 due next week
  • There is one outstanding issue related to the saving of special symbols and the fact that these are transformed to "???".  We are working on a fix and are planning for an official release of Oracle support in 4.1 SP2 due in the second half June.

As to MySQL, official support is planned for SP2 as well. We don't have known issues at the moment but extensive tests are still to be planned. 

In the meanwhile we will treat all reports related to Oracle/MySQL issues with great priority.
Please, don't hesitate to contact us if you encounter problems. 

All the best,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed