License Activation Error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:33

License Activation Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

When I opted Evaluation (Free Trial) and entered my Sitefinity account credentials,
theres this error popup.

An error has occurred while trying to get the license from the licensing server

Don't know the exact cause. Could it be our proxy prevents Sitefinity to connect over Internet?
Thank you.

Hi,

Most probably this is indeed the problem. It really depends how the proxy is set though - if it is globally for the workstation, or it has to be set up individually on each software.
Please try to get a license manually from your Client.Net account. We will see if we can improve the automatic activation.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Indeed that was the problem. Here is the workaround:

I created a class library, build, and placed the dll inside sitefinity 4 project bin folder.
Code is:

using System;
using System.Web;
using System.Net;

namespace ProxyHandler
    public class Company : IHttpModule

public void Dispose()

public void Init(HttpApplication context)

context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context_BeginRequest);

void context_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e)

WebProxy p = new System.Net.WebProxy("proxyip", 80);
            p.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("username", "password", "domain");
            WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy = p;

then placed this line in sitefinity 4 project web.config, under <httpModules>
<add name="webprox" type="ProxyHandler.Company, ProxyHandler"/>

Maybe online activation in future has an option to input proxy credentials. Just a suggestion.

Hello,

Thank you for the provided solution!
We have logged the feature and added some Telerik points to your account. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Is this for the project manager app? When I try to activate the RC, I the login piece gets disabled and I can only select by file. I can do this and everything works. How can I get the login piece not to be disabled.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello RC,

"When I try to activate the RC, I the login piece gets disabled and I can only select by file."

This could happen if you do not have connection to our server due to some reason. When the connection is available you should see both the text boxes available and get a license key by using your credentials. In the worst case you can download the key form your Client account and use the second option - upload a file from the file system.

You might have the above problems if something blocks the requests to our server from where the key should be generated.

And just a small comment for the ProxyHandler created above - this should not affect the project manager, because the IHttpHandler works for web application, but the project manager is windows application.  The workflow uses web requests, so using some custom handlers could  cause some issues, although I have not faced problems so far.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed