Problem deploying RC to server

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:48

Problem deploying RC to server

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

After creating a locat site I was able to access the site and the administrative section with the /sitefinity path.  But upon copying the site to another server (under a virtual directory of a web site) I can no longer get to the /sitefinity admin section although I can get to the site.   Path of site is http://servername/sitename (which works) adminpath is
servername/.../sitefinity

The error message received is

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
  • If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
  • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Cleath
jcleath@inetium.com

Dear Jeff

I had and have the same problem with my shared hosting provider and so far have not been able to get the beta running.

I can access the site and admin from local web server but not from productive server. Make sure you have .net 4.0 set on the server (as to my knowledge 4.0 runs on .net 4.0 only)

Also state if you have IIS 6 or IIS 7. and more about your envirement that would Telerik help to find a solution.

Markus

Hi,

The error seems to be a generic IIS issue - could you please make sure that Asp.Net can access the application? 

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

Thanks for the tips.  I found the answer in another post.  I was running Windows 2003 on the server and found that I needed to add the wildcard isap dll from the Microsoft.NET folder (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll) in the configuraton of the virtual that was created on the deployed to server.   After making sure that the check box for "Verify that the file exists" was not checked all is now working fine.

Thank you for the replies and community.

Jeff

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

I am getting the 404 error message after move the project from local to production. I am using sitefintiy 4.0. Not sure if this has anything do to with the IIS setting. Will the wildcard isap dll from Microsoft.NET folder solve my issue?

Thanks, Pik

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2011 00:00

Fixed the issue. It was the setting the IIS. Thanks, ~Pik

This thread is closed