Windows XP Pro SP 3 - Newer installer needed

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:47

Windows XP Pro SP 3 - Newer installer needed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi I am running Win XP SP3 with all automatic updates done. Trying to install 4.0 RC and am getting the error message attached.

Free translation: This installation package can not be installed from Windows Installer Service. You must install a SP for Windows with a newer version of the installer service.

I have installer V 3.01.4001.5512  - Can telerik say what is needed? Beta installation worked.

Anyone else got this? Any ideas?

Markus

Hi Markus,

This issue seems to be related to mis-versioned installed of the XP.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

After installing to the newest version 4.5.6001.22159 intallation works.

Markus

--------------

For anybody else who tries to update MSI and runs into troubles here is how I solved it.

Intalling failed because I had no access to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Unistall\KB893803v2

After reading a lot on the web the best guess (well did now work for me) would be installing subinacl.msi and create a cmd file like described here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/w7performance/thread/9da312d2-c99b-4283-a275-e74d93dcc366

Of course it did not work for me.

---------
I booted into save mode. Logged in as admin and set the permissions on the registry key manually. Reboot and install worked.

Regards Markus

Hello Markus Berchtold,

We have added some Telerik points to your account for the shared knowledge. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Georgi

I know how frustrating is from time to time to find about 1'000'000 posts on the web with the same problem but no solution. That really is frustrating.

So whenever I can I try to help other so they won't have to go through the same hassle as I did.

Markus

This thread is closed