Analytics Error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:59

Analytics Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Can't get Analytics to work, following error:

An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details.

vid System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   vid Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.DashboardService.RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   vid Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.Services.WcfAnalyticsDataService.RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompleted(Object sender, RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompletedEventArgs e)
   vid Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.DashboardService.DashboardDataClient.OnRetrieveAnalyticsDataCompleted(Object state)

/Keivan

Hello Keivan Kechmiri,

Can you tell me the steps to reproduce the problem? Does it happen in a clean Sitefinity project that you create using the project manager?

We have a known issue for the Analytics in the samples Sitefinity application that we ship with the installation in which you won't be able to run the Analytics because the Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.xap file is outdated. If you create a new project using the Project Manager, and get the Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.xap file from the ClientBin folder and replace it with the one in the Samples project you should be fine.

In case this doesn't resolve your problem, please elaborate a little bit more so that we can handle the issue better.

All the best,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi

I've checked the xap files and they are the new ones.

As far as I can remember this was the same problem I've already reported in this forum before, and I was told that this was fixed in the RC. Runing in Locale SV-sv, I think that this was the problem before.

After the errors below I get a Error Reporting a AppCrash.

/Keivan

Getting the following errors on the server side:

A Webhost unhandled exception occurred.

Sender Information: System.AppDomain/65066874

Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.GoogleAnalyticsEntryMapper.MapMetrics(IEnumerable`1 metricEntries)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.GoogleAnalyticsEntryMapper.MapXmlToAnalyticsItem(IEnumerable`1 dimensions, IEnumerable`1 metrics)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.XmlParser.GetAnalyticsItemsFromRequesterResults(XDocument document)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Services.DataRequestSynchronizer.MapGoogleDataToDTO[TDTOType](IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Process Name: w3wp

Process ID: 3712

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/20/ROOT

Exception: System.FormatException

StackTrace: at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.GoogleAnalyticsEntryMapper.MapMetrics(IEnumerable`1 metricEntries)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.GoogleAnalyticsEntryMapper.MapXmlToAnalyticsItem(IEnumerable`1 dimensions, IEnumerable`1 metrics)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.XmlParser.GetAnalyticsItemsFromRequesterResults(XDocument document)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Services.DataRequestSynchronizer.MapGoogleDataToDTO[TDTOType](IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

Application: w3wp.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.FormatException

Stack:

at System.Number.ParseDouble(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.GoogleAnalyticsEntryMapper.MapMetrics(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Xml.Linq.XElement>)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.GoogleAnalyticsEntryMapper.MapXmlToAnalyticsItem(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Xml.Linq.XElement>, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Xml.Linq.XElement>)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Mappers.XmlParser.GetAnalyticsItemsFromRequesterResults(System.Xml.Linq.XDocument)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Services.DataRequestSynchronizer.MapGoogleDataToDTO[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.IAsyncResult)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessageSink)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

A Webhost unhandled exception occurred.

Sender Information: System.AppDomain/65066874

Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

Process Name: w3wp

Faulting application name: w3wp.exe, version: 7.5.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bd0eb

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdfe0

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000000aa7d

Faulting process id: 0xe80

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb87d026393860

Faulting application path: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 97ebf187-f3c3-11df-8724-00155d00091c

Hello Keivan Kechmiri,

Unfortunately, there are some issues that are not yet resolved. We have worked on that matter, and we managed to reproduce and fix some problems with different cultures but apparently we haven't been able to reproduce exactly the same scenario as yours.

Thank you for reporting that, and we will make sure to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We are going to introduce a fix for that pretty soon. In case we have hard time reproducing that, I would follow-up with additional information to your thread.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi 

I don't know why but suddenly my analitics page stopped working, with the folowing trace:

à System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   à Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.DashboardService.RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   à Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.Services.WcfAnalyticsDataService.RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompleted(Object sender, RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompletedEventArgs e)
   à Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.DashboardService.DashboardDataClient.OnRetrieveAnalyticsDataCompleted(Object state)

I have reseted the configuration without success.
Is the xap file outdated again? 

Can someone provide me one solution, our client is used to the Sitefitiny page, and finds the googles page to messy for him.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi 

I don't know why but suddenly my analitics page stopped working, with the folowing trace:

à System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   à Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.DashboardService.RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   à Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.Services.WcfAnalyticsDataService.RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompleted(Object sender, RetrieveAnalyticsDataCompletedEventArgs e)
   à Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.DashboardService.DashboardDataClient.OnRetrieveAnalyticsDataCompleted(Object state)

I have reseted the configuration without success.
Is the xap file outdated again? 

Can someone provide me one solution, our client is used to the Sitefitiny page, and finds the googles page to messy for him.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2012 00:00

I have the exact same error today, I am running Sitefinity 4.4
I wonder if something has changed with the Google API?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

Same problem here in 4.4 and 5.0. I will submit a support ticket to make sure this gets some attention.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi,

We have published a KB article on the matter, which contains the hotfix and instructions on how to resolve the problem:

www.sitefinity.com/.../the-analytics-module-throws-an-exception-when-loading-the-modules-dashboard.aspx

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed