How to set "Show in Navigation" to false/No

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:00

How to set "Show in Navigation" to false/No

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,
When we create a new page the "Show in Navigation" default setting to "Yes". How do I set the "Show in Navigation" default to "No" when I create a new page? Can I do that in aspx page or in web.config or in code behind?

Please help!!

Thanks,

Hello NK,

We have not exposed a configuration that allows you to manage PageElement and PageDataElement. The default value is set in a configuration file that is accessed through PagesDefinitions.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,
Do you know anyways to work around to set default to "no" when user is creating a new page.

Please help!!

Many thanks,

Ivan,
Would you be more specific. I am a newbie with CMS.

I looked thru the Web.config file but I did not know how to set to "No".

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi NK,

The value of the choice fields is set in PagesDefinitions and it is not possible to change it in the RC. We will consider how to extend this functionality in one of the next builds.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2012 00:00

Was this setting ever exposed?  I'm trying to do the exact same thing in 4.3

thanks,
-trevor

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello, Trevor.

Thank you for contacting us.

This has not yet been implemented. I have created a PITS entry which you can view here.

Kind regards,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed