"Go To Administration" shows blank page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:48

"Go To Administration" shows blank page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello,

I am running windows 2008 with IIS 7.

I created a Sitefinity 4.0 RC website by following along with one of the videos posted in the forum.  When I click "Go To Administration" a blank page is shown with the following URL: localhost:85/.../Startup. 

When I click on Browse I get an under "construction page".

When I go directly to the path of the site I also get a blank page: localhost:85/SitefinityTest

Any ideas?

thanks
Dan

Did you go through the startup process to choose your DB\Admin\etc?

Negative....I was never shown the "Choose database/admin" page.  I only get the blank page as soon as I click "Go To Administration".

thanks
Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Dan,

Do you have any dots, spaces or special characters in the project name? Could you try to create a project with a name "test" and make sure that the directory where the project is located does not have some special chars in it.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Ivan,

I created a project called Test with the website and folder location also called Test and am still experiencing the issue.  I do have some additional information though.

-  When I go to the URL http://localhost:85/Sitefinity it redirects to localhost:85/.../Startup.  However, there is not a "Startup" folder located in the website folder.

Any ideas?

thanks
Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Dan,

When you go to localhost:85/.../Startup. are you able to create a new project? Please check the following videos

Spontaneous installation & design with Sitefinity 4.0 RC
CTP installation.

Documentation

Installation and Administration Guide

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

The url localhost:85/.../Startup loads a blank page.  It looks as if everything is getting copied correctly to the website directory when I run the project manager.  I watched the videos and they do not mention anything about installing a sitefinity project within IIS.  

thanks
Dan

Hello Dan,

Please prepare a screencast that shows how you are trying to install Sitefinity and we will see what the problem could be.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi Ivan,

Please see the screencast below.

www.screencast-o-matic.com/.../c6X03h6Ls

thanks!
Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Dan,

Can you please try the steps from the attached screen cast?

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2010 00:00

hi Radoslav,

When I follow the video exactly as shown, I get the error below because the DefaultAppPool uses .NET 2.0 and Sitefinity uses .NET 4.0.  When I use app pool that targets .NET 4.0 I get the blank page.  Another thing that is different from the video is that my webconfig already has the line <remove name="WebDAVModule" /> added to it so the video you sent likely shows an older version of the project manager.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 29: 						during development.
Line 30: 				-->
Line 31:     <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 32:       <assemblies>
Line 33:         <add assembly="System.Web.Routing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Greg,

Thank you for getting back to me.

We are unable to reproduce the issue locally and since we have exhausted suggestions that we can give you remotely we can suggest that we schedule a GoToMeeting session for remote debugging. If wish to create a remote debugging session, please open a support ticket and we will schedule the meeting from there.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2010 00:00

Now thats what I call an excellent support service!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Dan and Radoslav,
I have the exact same problem. 
Did you solve this issue? Can you post the solution to the forum?

Many Thanks

Hi Wouter,

The issue has been pinpointed to be problems with IIS configuration. To make sure that your IIS is configured properly please take a look at this article: Configuring the IIS to host Sitefinity projects.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Hi Radoslav,
Thanks for your quick response. 
I followed the instructions to the letter, but this did not result in the admin page being displayed.
As a test, I switched from 'integrated mode' to 'classic mode' for my Application Pool. This resulted in the setup being displayed.

However, I am unsure of the implication this will have on the application.
Is this the way to go?

Wouter

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Dan,

Can you please check what are the differences in configuration between classic and integrated pipeline? Authorization settings, application pool identity, authentication, etc.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,
I came about this thread. www.sitefinity.com/.../iis7-and-404-error-with-domain-com-sitefinity.aspx 

I added the features 'http error' and 'http redirection'. This solved the problem.

Thanks anyways for your help.

Wouter

This thread is closed