Content block

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:07

Content block

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2010 00:00

Can someone tell me will the Content block have linking to Generic content and sharing per page like in 3.7 Generic Content have or this is it.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Damir,

We have plans to implement dialogs to content items for the RC. Currently you can use Generic Content List control.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Question,

In the latest version 4.1.1395.0 I am dropping a Content block on a page and it looks all
mangled up. See image.

Also, I created a Generic Content item in the Generic content module, but there was no way for me to share it.
So  went to a page and dropped on it a Content block thinking that I was going to be able to link to the item I created in the Generic control module, but there was no way.

Am I missing something?

I got it working by sharing the content block I dropped on the page. So that way round it works fine.

Many thanks,
Andrei 

Hello Andrei,

Do you call dialogBase.resizeToContent(); From the screenshot you attache it looks like the dialog is not resized properly.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan,

That is not one of my own controls, it is the standard Content block that comes with Sitefinity.

Thanks,
Andrei

Andrei

Here is a screenshot from what I get in FF 4 on XP Pro SP3.

I don' see the save button and have to scroll down. I though it was just my setup so I did not bother to report.

Markus

Markus,

Cheers for sharing. I find niceties like these are not really looked at during
major releases, but then they are ironed out with the "in-between" more minor releases.

I hope that is the case with today's release too.

Andrei 

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hello,

I looked at last three screenshots and tried to reproduce them. I also tried this on XP SP3 with FF 4.0.1. I was not able to reproduce the behaviour shown on screenshots. If you continue to experience these issues, please provide more details.

Best wishes,

GeorgePPetrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Dear George

How about setting up a sandbox sf installation and sending Andrei and me  the logins (per e-mail) so we can test it. This way we would find out if its our setup of SF or our computer setup (browsers, add-ons and stuff) that make the strange behavior.

markus

The last release did not do it, still looks like scrambled egg.

It is not extremely important, but still....

Andrei  

Markus, Andrei are you using themes ? 

These get picked up in the back end and could be causing the problems.

Euan

@Euan

Yes, I do. Where exactly in the Theme would I need to tweak something to make it work?

Thanks,
Andrei 

Hi Andrei,

It's hard to tell what may be causing the problem without seeing your css, could you attach it ?
It is probably table or ul css rules that aren't very specific. 
I would use firebug to try and see what rules are being applied, or try commenting out sections of your theme to see if that makes a difference.

Euan

Euan,

I messed about with the Telerik University Spring Theme. Just changed some images and that is about it.
In previous versions it was looking fine. It broke since the addition of the shared content to the control.

Sorry, I can't upload ZIP files though.

Many thanks,
Andrei

This thread is closed