SF Project Manager SF Version

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:22

SF Project Manager SF Version

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi there

How do I find out what version SBE SE  or so a project is in the project manager.

Wouldn't it make sense to display the version there?

Alos is Upgrade - Upgrade to newer version or higher version (SBE to SE I assume)?

Markus

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for using our services.

If you are using RC you can right click a project in the project's list and select the Show License Info to see the license info of the selected project.

The Upgrade button is to upgrade to a newer version not to another type of edition.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Radoslav

Should it read 'Update' then instad of 'Upgrade' ?

It would not take to much space to include SBE, SE, PE, PU right after Sitefinty version Nr. ..

Markus

Hello Markus Berchtold,

I am not quite sure that it should read Update, we will discuss it with our UX team. All editions use the same build, its just the license that it is different, so you cannot tell the edition from the build number. We have provided two ways that you can check the license - either from the back-end of your website or from project manager.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

Dear Radoslav

Did you get a feedback from your UX Team if it should read Update instead of Upgrade?

btw. If I update to a newer version what fills will I need to deploy again? Bin, Sitefinity, Workflow or just simply everything?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

We have discussed this with the UX guys and they agree that the button name is confusing. They will see what they can do to make it more informative. The button deploys new assemblies, and new files that have been added to the Sitefinity file structure.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Dear Radoslav

Thanks for the feedback.

Does that mean after an update we only have to deploy bin and sitefinity folders?

Markus

Hi Markus,

All templates are embedded into assemblies. To be more precise Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.dll. We have a weekly builds and we include all changes in our release notes. It would be better to patch the entire project - upgrade it through the project manager and benefit from all other fixes.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed