Concurrent User -> E-Mail

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:38

Concurrent User -> E-Mail

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

I just tried to open two users with the same e-mail address, which seems not to be possible.

If this is the case the scenario where you actually have to open a user twice to not have logged-in frontusers counting to concurrent user would not be possible.

Unless you have two e-mail adresses for each user.

Am I wrong?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

Ivan
Radoslav

Any feedack on this?

Markus

Markus,

I just set requiresUniqueEmail="false" on the default membership provider in App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\SecurityConfig.confg.  After that I could create two users with the same email address.  I guess I haven't tried to actually login as both users at the same time, but I would assume it's not a problem.

Matt

Dear Matt

Thanks a lot for testing it.

I wonder what the settings requiresUniqueEmail="false"  would change.

Notification, Password reminder, what more??

At least there seems to be a workaround for the workaround :-)

Kind regards
Markus

Hi Markus Berchtold,

I was not able to understand your first question. Are you seeking to be able to create multiple users with the same e-mail address? If yes then the suggestion which Matt made is the way to do it. It is not workarount as this is not a bug. This is just configuration of the membership provider.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed