Settings Advanced vs. Basci

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:15

Settings Advanced vs. Basci

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi there

I was looking around a bit in Advanced Settings. Hoplessly lost.

Here are some thoughts on it

a) I guess more common stuff should make the basic list
b) If there are only some options why did yo not use dropdownlist or radiobuttons (why do we have to type) see screenshot
c) I gues deleting of it can be easely done. I wonder if you ever get the stuff back once you delete someting.

Regards Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for sharing your view on this.

1) We are still identifying the setting which are going to go to the basic screen. However we do not want to clutter it too much so that it becomes like an advanced one.

2) We are already working on this.

3) For default configurations - if you delete an item we will add an entry about it in the configuration files with a remove element. If you delete this entry from configurations the settings will reappear in the configurations. For custom configurations however you have to keep backups of the config files in ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/ so that you can restore deleted items.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed