Form Requests

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:23

Form Requests

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2010 00:00

1) Fix the form tablename generation to have a frm_ prefix...In a year, with a ton of forms, the DB structure is going to be a disaster if they aren't sorted like the sf_ tables

2) Can you also have it store\show the language the form was completed in?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Steve,

Request 1 will be very helpful indeed. We logged it to our our Feature Request system (#100187) and will include it in one of the first releases after the official release.

Request 2 was also logged (#100188). This implementation will most probably go in Q2 of 2011.

Thanks for the valuable suggestions!

Kind regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

For the life of me I can't remember if the RC forms had ANY prefix, but I don't think they did...?

I made a contact form, but in my DB now it's there as "sf_contactform"...so it's sorted right in the middle of all the other sitefinity system tables...could you either change sf_X to frm_X, or at least sf_frm_X ?

Hi Steve,

Currently you can set the default prefix for forms in Administration->Settings->Advanced
Then in the settins tree:
ContentView->Controls->Forms Backend->Views->FormsBackendInsert->Sections->MainSection->Fields->Name - see the PrefixText property. We'll place this setting at a higher level and it will be easier to access (Forms->FormsTablePrefix).

Regarding the language - it will be included in the next weekly developer's build

Kind regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Bah, no need to move it up in the tree :)

As long as it's somewhere (although a search function would be nice)

*EDIT*
You know what would be nice though...even if searching isnt there...just sort the items in that node, they're all out of order.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Thanks! We will add this to the list. 

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2012 00:00

I JUST ran into this problem yet again

Could we not just set the default from "sf_" to something better like "sf_forms_frm_"

Id like you to please find me a person who wants their forms tables placed randomly allover the place in the schema :)  It's madness (sparta)

Theres no logical reason to keep it the way it is. 

This thread is closed