frontend user question

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:44

frontend user question

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

I create one user with the following properties :

- This user can access site backend  - not checked because i whant that user only have access to reserved frontend pages
- I put this user in one new role

- i gave to one view page access to the role and to backend users

- then i create a login page and put there the login control
- in my template i put the login name and the login status controls

A - If i make in that page the login with my backend login all works fine - the login name and login status work fine and Reques.IsAuthenticated is true

B - If i make the login with the user i created ( no access to backend) nothing happens and the Reques.IsAuthenticated is false.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello JV,

This is a bug and we have logged it for fixing.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

In this new release the bug as been fix but now the problem is that when the user is not authenticated the pages with acccess to authenticated users appear to unanthenticated users (this problem as not yet been resolved).

When the unanthenticated user clicks the error "is page not found"

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello JV,

The issue that an not authorized user can see a page in NavigationControl has not been fixed in the latest internal build.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed