ScriptManager and Sitefinity... plese clarify me...

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:28

ScriptManager and Sitefinity... plese clarify me...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello,
please excuse me if I write this post but I need to understand how thing works... If I want to write my own custom control that uses the RadUpload or something that uses ajax I need to put a scripmanager in a .master page? am I right?
My question is why hasn't the scriptmanager been injected in the default template files? I find that your templates are ok for what concern my item's positioning (2-3 columns template), if I've to create my own master page I have to manually recreate them...isn't there a way of telling yours to use the radscriptmanager?
Thanks

Paolo

Hello Paolo,

Thank you for using our services.

The ScriptManager is automatically injected on built in templates and templates created with the template designer within Sitefinity 4.0. If you are using master pages for base of your templates you need to add the ScriptManager control in the markup.

If you create a template which is not based on a master page or use a built in template and add a control which requires script manager you should not have problems.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Does it inject the asp ScriptManager or the RadScriptManager?

Hello Steve,

We add ASP.NET ScriptManager control on the page.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Why is that (curious)?

Don't we lose the telerik CDN and script combining without the RadScriptManager?

Hi Steve,

In .NET 4.0 the ASP.NET ScriptManager provides support for CDN.

<asp:scriptmanager runat="server" enablecdn="true"></asp:scriptmanager>

There is way to use RadScriptManager instead of ScriptManager. Generally this should work if you add RadScripManager in a custom template (.master file) and use it with your pages. Earlier today I noticed some problem with this and now it works if your have a control that loads RadScriptManager on a page( not inside the template).

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Sorry, I meant CDN as in the Telerik CDN, not just the MSAjax one :)

I like to get my jQuery from google, ajax from microsoft, and telerik from the telerik CDN (for a public facing site)...saves a ton of bandwidth usage.

I can turn on the Telerik CDN from the webconfig if the RSM was used by default...

So I guess I'm going to have to go all external anyway then right? :)  I think I was planning to anyway though...

This thread is closed