Localization for built-in controls

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:26

Localization for built-in controls

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi,

How do I localize texts for a built-in control ?

For example, if I need to change the text "Log out" in the Login Control button for anything else (i.e. "Quit"). What can I do ? 

Or make a custom text (i.e. "Déconnexion") in any other language to display it correctly in a localized page ?

I've already tried the following :

1. Enable French and English for both public content and backend system (to be sure).
2. Change Interface labels & Messages to add my custom text in French language.
3. Create two pages (one English, one French) with the login control and publish them.

It doesn't work.

If I change the text in "Invariant language" box it works for both pages. But if I add some text in English or French boxes it doesn't work... Maybe I'm missing something....

Could you give me some advice please ?

Thanks !

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi John,

Thank you for using our services.

You are doing the correct steps for localizing the interface. It seems however that a bug has been introduced in the RC which breaks the process. We have logged the bug for fixing (TFS Work Item 100088) and try to fix it for one of our future weekly builds.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

When will be fixed ?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Joana,

We are planning to include fixes for those issues in the official release scheduled for the middle of January.

Greetings,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2011 00:00

I know it is documented somewhere...

Is it possible to get a SF4 version native in Spanish, for the front-end, and Back-end either in Spanish/English?

I live in Mexico developing WEB sites for non-profit organisations here; and I will do most of the back-end work, anyway, but having the widgets spoeak the language is quite important.

I am using the Charity template and, save for the language, it works amazingly well.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Jerome,

The official translations are scheduled for the Q1 release of Sitefinity, and Spanish will be one of the languages we are going to have translations for.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I expected this bug (TFS Work Item 100088) was fixed in the official release one month ago but it wasn't.... Right now I'm doing some testing and it doesn't work... What to do?

Thanks,

John.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello John,

Thank you for getting back to us.

This bug appears as fixed in our bug tracking system. We have also tested the fix and it seems to work as expected. One peculiarity though is that you have to restart the website to see the changed labels.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed