4.0 RC on IIS 5.1 Windows XP

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:09

4.0 RC on IIS 5.1 Windows XP

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi There,

I'm trying to run the RC on my IIS 5.1 on Windows XP, but I'm getting error. When I try and browse to the site I get Key not valid for use in specified state.

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Hello Jean,

Can we see the stack trace of the error and tell us whether you browse the front end of the website or its backend.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi There,

It happens for both front end and backend. Stack trace:
[CryptographicException: Key not valid for use in specified state.
]
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer) +9719295
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.get_StaticDssProvHandle() +156
   System.Security.Cryptography.DSACryptoServiceProvider.ImportParameters(DSAParameters parameters) +144
   System.Security.Cryptography.DSA.FromXmlString(String xmlString) +620
   Telerik.OpenAccess.SPI.License.GetDSA(CspProviderFlags flags, Boolean temp, Boolean priv) +147
   Telerik.OpenAccess.SPI.License.Provider(Boolean temp, Boolean priv) +78
   Telerik.OpenAccess.SPI.ConfigCollector.CheckLicense(String s, Boolean& allowRemote) +160
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.PersistentClassesRegistry.CheckLicense() +249
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon() +818
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.init() +96
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManagerFactory.connect() +21
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManagerFactory..ctor(StorageManagerFactoryBuilder b) +704
   OpenAccessRuntime.storagemanager.StorageManagerFactoryBuilder.createSmfForURL() +82

[OpenAccessException: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Key not valid for use in specified state.

at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.get_StaticDssProvHandle()
   at System.Security.Cryptography.DSACryptoServiceProvider.ImportParameters(DSAParameters parameters)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.DSA.FromXmlString(String xmlString)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.SPI.License.GetDSA(CspProviderFlags flags, Boolean temp, Boolean priv)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.SPI.License.Provider(Boolean temp, Boolean priv)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.SPI.ConfigCollector.CheckLicense(String s, Boolean& allowRemote)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.PersistentClassesRegistry.CheckLicense()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.init()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManagerFactory.connect()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManagerFactory..ctor(StorageManagerFactoryBuilder b)
   at OpenAccessRuntime.storagemanager.StorageManagerFactoryBuilder.createSmfForURL()]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_726454a3246745378a8379e513773ba7.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +197
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1477
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +161
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +131
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager..ctor() +35
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager..cctor() +36

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager' threw an exception.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.GetManager(String providerName) +0
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection attributes) +583
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetSiteMapProvider(String rootName) +248
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +68
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +285
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +60
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Hello Jean,

Please take a look at this post where I sent a reply with the possible reasons for this issue.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi There,

Okay, the suggestion sorted out the problem, but now there is a new error. When I click on the Pages menu item, I get a dialog saying "Resource cannot be found". Any idea what is causing this?

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Hi Jean,

Is this project hosted on IIS or you are running it through the project manager? Can you run the project through Visual Studio 2010 and try to replicate the issue. "Resource cannot be found" is no so specific description of the issue you have. When you report some issue that we cannot reproduce it would be better if you can provide some more details - screenshots, steps , stack trace, request and response from the server etc. This will help us to narrow down the particular issue you have and as a result you will get a proper response from us or someone else in the forum.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi There,

I created it on IIS using the sitefinity project manager. I think it has something to do with the svc files. I assume that the backend makes use of all the services located under Sitefinity/Services. If I try and browse to the service file e.g. http://localhost/JSE_40/Sitefinity/Services/Pages/PagesService.svc/ I get an 404 error. Yet, other deployments of WCF services is working fine on my machine. I checked the application mappings in IIS and .svc is pointing to the aspnet_isapi.dll. Any idea?

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Hi There,

Further to my previous post. I've used Fidler to intercept the calls to the web server and there are the one's failing with 404:

GET l01jeane.jse.co.za/.../ HTTP/1.1

GET l01jeane.jse.co.za/.../ HTTP/1.1

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Jean,

Can you run the project through Visual Studio Web server? This looks like some issue with your web server.

- svc mapping
- svc is missing. If you type host/.../help or host/.../ there should be a response from the server.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Jean and Ivan,

I have the same problem, as posted recently (http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/wcf-services-not-working-under-iis-5-1.aspx#1434021). Perhaps my findings will help you solve this problem and help us both.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi There,

It seems to be diffently somethis to do with REST services on IIS 5.1 with XP, as normal WCF services work fine. I haven't been able to establish what, and have given up. What I did was to download IIS Express and use that on XP to run the sites from.

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

This thread is closed