Custom Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:14

Custom Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to convert from Websites to Web applications and at the same time convert from 3.7 to 4.0 and I think my brain is going to explode. Just wondering if there's any plans to do a webinar on creating custom modules. I've followed the "How to create a basic module" and used the Sitefinity Module Template but would love to see one created by someone over there (Gabe?) just to really get a handle on how it works together, something maybe a little different from the Jobs module to see it from another angle.

How about it?

Hi KMac,

We will provide another custom module and samples with the documentation that we will prepare for the official release.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Would be superb if that modules uses full dynamic type, as opposed to Jobs Module which extended existing types with dynamic fields!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2010 00:00

Thanks Ivan,

It would be great if there was a few more examples before the official release because some of us early adopters (read: biggest fans) want to launch a few sites before then. I have 3 myself that I should just use 3.7 for but I can't help myself, so anything to help ease the transition would be great.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi KMac,

The team is polishing some glitches related to the modules and this is what stops us from providing such a samples. The API was changed several times until the RC and new features were implemented. As you can see we are trying to provide code samples in the forums and there are many posts in our blog. Once we are ready with the custom module we will post it immediately. There will be a blog post about it or some info in the forums.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed