Limit the number of versions that are saved

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:47

Limit the number of versions that are saved

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2010 00:00

Is there, or will there be an option to limit the number of version for the history to be saved?

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/developing-with-sitefinity/how-to-configure-limit-of-versions.aspx

Regards Markus

PS: in 3.7 sf_Activity would grow and grow. Is this somehow related and fixed in 4.0?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for your feedback.

Our initial plans were to have this as a configuration option, but it is not done yet. It is still in the plans, hopefully we will be able to sneak it together with the other big features that are coming.

Thank you once again.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

Thanks Georgi
It shure makes sence, because who wants to rollback to a verions 2 years ago?

Once you at it - could it make sence to add some date function as well?

Kind of delete/remove all versions befor a certain date, but keep at least a defined number of histories. That's just and idea and I don't even know if this would make sense or not :-)

4.0 sure has many improvements under the hood, car wise speaking. But end-users tend to look more at fabrics, the entertainment system then the technice to make the car run better.

So I am looking forward to many new features in 4.0 that really will distinguish it from 3.7.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

I agree.
I really hope too that we can put this feature right there.

Sincerely yours,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed