Sitefinity 4.0 audio files

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:14

Sitefinity 4.0 audio files

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if Sitefinity 4.0 supports audio files like .wav .mp3, etc.. I do not see it in the Library types available. How does everyone handle the need of playing sound files.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

We use RadSilverlight media player. Here is list with the supported format by Media Element object which we wraps. You can upload only .wmv files.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan,

Thanks, I will have to look into it before I can ask anymore questions. However, any chance that it can be added as a feature where you can have a library of sound files that you can just place on a page and people can play the files or not really?

Many thanks,
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

We need to create a new control. This is not in our plans for the RTM and I cannot tell you when we could implement this feature in Sitefinity 4.0. There are may ways you can achieve your goal with a third party players and streaming from another servers.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan,

In Sitefinity 3.7 there was an option to create a 'Custom Library' where all types of files were accepted. I have just had a look at the 3.7 version and successfully uploaded a .wav file. Is there absolutely no way to upload into Sitefinity 4.0 a .wav file like it was in 3.7? Even if I have to use a third party player I would still want to be able to upload a WAV file into the database. Any work-arounds?

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Andrei,

Our initial idea was to use the Documents content to store any files different than images and video. Most probably we are going to rename Documents to Documents and Files. For the time being, can you use it to upload your wave files?

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Georgi

"...Our initial idea was to use the Documents content to store ANY files different than images and video. ..."
Good idea... what happened? That means that we can even upload Open Office Documents too, no?

"...Most probably we are going to rename Documents to Documents and Files. ..."
Ok. Is that for the actual release?

"...For the time being, can you use it to upload your wave files?..."
Yes, I tried to upload a .wav file but the file filter filters everything out. Is there a way of changing the file filter to allow (All)?

Many thanks,
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

We will remove the limitations per file extension in Documents and you will be able to upload wav files there.
The change will become available in the weekly build this or the next week.

Thanks for raising our attention to this issue. It is an ommision on our part.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Kalina,

"...We will remove the limitations per file extension in Documents and you will be able to upload wav files there. ..."
So that means I will be able to upload anything at all? You won't just add the support for .wav and that's it?

"...The change will become available in the weekly build this or the next week. ..."
I guess I have acces to the weekly builds?

"...Thanks for raising our attention to this issue. It is an ommision on our part. ..."
That's OK Kalina, its just that I sense a very strong smell of points. Not sure why :)

Many thanks,
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

I confirm that in section Documents you will be able to upload any files.
Weekly builds are announced here. Once released, they are immediately available for download in your account.

You are right, your suggestion smell like 50 points :))) These  were added to your profile as a sign of gratitude.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

This thread is closed