Sitefinity 4 RC missing images on IIS6

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:07

Sitefinity 4 RC missing images on IIS6

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

Hi there,
I installed SF 4 RC on our Win 2003 IIS6 machine. Everything works fine, except the the document and image libraries.
I am able to upload images and documents and I found the corresponding entries in the SQL database. But the images and documents can not be accessed. The created links returns a 404 error. I am sure it is an IIS6 configuration problem because if i start the same site from the Sitefinity Project Manager the images and document links work well.
Attached you will find a screen shot of my image library.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick Brill,

Thank you for using our services.

It seems that you need to add a wildcard script map to the ASP.NET isapi assembly. Please refer to attached image on how to add a wildcard script map. The image shows how to add it for the .NET 2.0 version one. However you should reverence the .NET 4.0 isapi assembly.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Radoslav,
thank you for your answer.
I've tried this already, found in another thread here, but as soon as I add the wildcard for the .NET 4.0 isapi assembly as you described it, the site becomes completely unavailable.

Regards,
Patrick

Hello Patrick Brill,

Is it possible that you provide us with a little bit more information on the error you are getting? Also please not that the Verify that file exists check box should not be selected.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Radoslav,
unchecking the checkbox did the trick.
Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, Patrick

This thread is closed