Image Content Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:20

Image Content Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2010 00:00

HI Guys,

I am playing around with the content/Image control and have noticed that it darkens off images slightly. 

Attached is a screenshot of an image within a div.  You can see a slight difference in colour between the image and the background colour of the div.  This happens on a range of images that are within this control.  This is not an issue using HTML image controls OR standard ASP controls, only manifesting in sitefinity image control.  The background on the DIV is set to the same Hex value as that in the image. 

Has anybody else noticed this or am I being stupid and missing a setting?  I am trying to achieve a smoother look and to the page and this issue is a little bit odd.

I have also noticed that on adding an image to the image library IE Crashes.  This is not everytime, only on one particular image to be honest.  So I may just recreate the image and post back if it stills does it.

Cheers,

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi James,

Can you attach the image you use to this request. The problem could be related to the quality of the image or its width and height. Can you tell which IE version you use when you try to upload an image and the browser crashes?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2010 00:00

I have attached the offending file below.  This image needs optimising and stuff but I figure it still should not have been crashing the upload.

IE 8.0.7600.16358 is the version I am using.

The colour issue...you can ignore that I think that is more to do with a low colour depth on a terminal service session I was using at the time. 

Is fine on all browsers not using TS with a low Colour depth.

Cheers,

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi James Greaves,

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the issue with IE 8.0.7600.16358 browser at  Sitefinity 4.0 RC (4.0.941.0) version.

Can you send us a movie or describe the exact steps when you try to upload an image and the browser crashes? Can you send us more details about the error ?

Regards,
Milena
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

I have just created a quick video to show you what I am doing.  On this page there is only some CSS, no Java or other code written by me that should be interfering.

I do not believe I am doing any other steps.  I have tried removing and adding a new image control.

How do I upload a video to you (.wmv)

Cheers,

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi James Greaves,

The forums cannot accept file types other than images. Can you please open up a support ticket and send us the screen cast. If you have a sample project where this problem is reproduces you can also send it with the support ticket. We will inspect it locally and see what might be wrong.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

any news on this problem?
I got a similar problem. When I embed or upload the image to the website, de color changes. It doesn't look like the original. Resizing, or not resizing, always the same problem. The Image is a png-file.
See screenshot for comparison. Above the embedded image, beneath the original. I also attached the original image.

Thanks, Gabriele

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Gabriele,

Thanks for bringing our attention back to this. I've logged a PITS issue as this is a bug when the library has a resizing option enabled (which is turned off by default). You can vote now for it in order to change it's priority.
If you do not resize the image the color stays the same.

All the best,
Dimitar Boyanov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

The Series Has Become Too Classic!
[url=http://www.dvdtopshops.com/en/thrillers-crime-mystery-/true-blood-seasons-1-3-dvd-boxset.html]True Blood DVD[/url]True Blood is a dark series, both in tone and visual style. Given the fact that the show deals with vampires, copious night shots and goth-club interiors are a matter of course.
[url=http://www.dvdtopshops.com/en/drama/friday-night-lights-seasons-1-5-dvd-box-set.html]Friday Night Lights DVD[/url]Friday Night Lights takes place in the fictional Dylan, Texas, an all-American town that holds nothing more sacred than the rowdy Friday night high school football games that transpire every Friday night.
[url=http://www.dvdtopshops.com/en/thrillers-crime-mystery-/the-closer-seasons-1-6-dvd-box-set.html]The Closer DVD[/url]I like the "Closer" soundtrack, and I think it's amusing that music from Mozart's "Così fan tutte" is heard.
[url=http://www.dvdtopshops.com/en/thrillers-crime-mystery-/bones-seasons-1-6-dvd-box-set.html]Bones DVD[/url] Bones, a cleverly sharp crime investigation show from the producers of Joan of Arcadia and Judging Amy, recently made its premiere on DVD in a set containing all 22 episodes from the first season of the show as well as a handful of extras.
[url=http://www.dvdtopshops.com/en/action-adventure/mi5-spooks-seasons-1-9-dvd-box-set.html]MI5 DVD[/url] 
Like 24, MI-5 is thrilling, dramatic, and fast, yet this British series is much more concise. Each story is complex and convincing, plus the scripts are very well written.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

Thanks for reporting this. As it is a known issue I want to remind you that you can vote for this in PITS - and it will increase its priority for solving it.

Regards,
Dimitar Boyanov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed