Menu Skin

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:51

Menu Skin

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2010 00:00

Guys,

I know I am being stupid but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get skins working on sitefinity 4.  I have a custom widget which uses a radMenu.  This works fine...Just doesn't look very good. 

So...I have created a skin using the skin generator tool provided by Telerik and done my best to follow guides but I cannot get it working.

I have a load of themes registered and working a treat on SF but I cannot get the skin to work.

Where do I put my Menu.Css and images and how do I reference them to get them to actually work? 

I have tried putting

<link href="../../App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MainTemplate/App_Themes/Portav/Menu/Menu.Portav.css"
    rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

in and this did not work.

I have also (currently) got a Menu folder and RadMenu.Skin file at the root of my theme, this too is not working. 

I am sure this will be a silly five second fix (hoping) so if someone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello James,

Here is what you have to do

1. Create a new theme inside App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/PageTemplates/App_Themes
2. Inside the Theme  create a folder called Global
3. In this folder put your stylesheet with some content

.RadMenu_CustomSkin
    background-color:Red !important;

4. Go to the backend of Sitefinity >> Page Templates and set a template to use your custom theme
5. Drop RadMenu control on a page and set

EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"
Skin="CustomSkin"

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed