RadAjaxManager and asp button control

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:00

RadAjaxManager and asp button control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2010 00:00

I have developed a ascx control that contains a RadTab and RadMultipage control. The multipage contains several Rad controls and a single asp button control.  In the OnInit event I wire up the RadAjaxManager such that the asp button will update the contents of the mulitpage control.  But every time the button is clicked, a full post back occurs instead of an ajax request. 

Is this a known issue? Or am I doing something wrong.  The RadAjaxManager appears to work correctly when the trigger and action controls are both RadControls, but nothing appears to work with regular asp.net controls.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi John Hunter,

Thank you for using our services.

The problem is that the ASP.NET button control is not an Ajax control. Can you try wrapping up your markup inside of a panel and setting up the ajax settings for the panel and not for the button which is inside it? You can find sample code here: RadAjaxManager in Page Template.  I have attached the sample working code.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2010 00:00

Radoslav,

We tried your example and it did not work in our existing project.  We started a new project and your code did work as expected.  Through trial and error we narrowed down the problem to the inclusion of a 'Navigation' control on our master template.  If we remove the Navigation control, the ajax controls work great.  As soon as we add the Navigation control back in, the non-Telerik controls do a full post back/page refresh.

Our current workaround is to manually place a SiteMapSourceControl and RadMenu on our master page.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello John Hunter,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have managed to reproduce the problem when using a control which is not an Ajax control (for example ASP.NET Button). However this scenario does not reproduce if you use an Ajax control (e.g. RadButton). We are going to upgrade the RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax to Q3 2010 this week and the upgraded controls will make it into this Friday's release. Then you will be able to use RadButton instead of ASP.NET Button.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed