Customized RadEditor Settings

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:56

Customized RadEditor Settings

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2010 00:00

I found a few posts describing how to set a template path or an EditorConfigurations value/key pair to define custom config settings for the RadEditor.  Is it possible to setup a custom default configuration that will be used with each installation of a site?

I am used to working with FCKeditor where I would just setup a virtual directory for the master configurations that would never change and then I had a production folder with the configs for setting custom templates, styles, dropdown values and etc. that I would just copy from installation to installation.

I understand the same thing is basically being done here, but it seems like more work to copy over a custom xml config file and then to log into the interface to create a custom configuration value to point to the template.

For instance, we disable the ability to allow our clients to select a font type and prefer to force that issue with CSS to help maintain consistency when they are entering their content.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Stacey,

With each installation we make some basic settings when the project is initialized. This means that you cannot set a default value for a custom changes in the default installation for built-in controls or modules.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed