RenewTicket - Index outside of bounds of the array

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:48

RenewTicket - Index outside of bounds of the array

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2010 00:00

Getting this error occasionally out of nowhere and at first I thought it was just an issue that will show up only in development, but I've seen it on our test site now.  I have to close my browser, or delete the .SFAUTH cookie to get rid of it.  Anyone else seeing this one pop up?  I'm on the latest RC build.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.RenewTicket(FormsAuthenticationTicket oldTicket, TimeSpan newTimeout) +415
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.BuildIdentity(HttpContextBase context) +564
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.BuildPrincipal(HttpContextBase context) +119
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateRequest(HttpContextBase context) +78
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Context_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +104
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

Hi Matt,

Are there any steps that we can follow to replicate this issue?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I think we just figured it out... we were accidentally using the asp:Login control in one place, and it was probably putting a "regular" forms authentication cookie on the response, which sitefinity didn't like.  In general we're using a completely custom login form, so I don't think we'll see it anymore.  Sorry for the false alarm...

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2010 00:00

So my last guess didn't end up fixing it.  Here's the latest on what I think is causing this error.  We have two different domains pointing to the same SF instance.  If I try to login to the backend under our second domain (not the original one that we have been using all along) it results in this error until I a) close the browser or b) delete the cookies.  When I finally do get in, I am unable to publish pages (failed workflow operation).

Matt

Okay so now I can make it happen every time on the original domain, so maybe nothing to do with accessing it through the second domain.  If I try to login to the backend with a user that doesn't have access to the backend, I get this error.  Sounds silly, but we're going to do this a lot by accident now that we have to track two different logins, one for the frontend and one for the backend.

Hi Matt,

The problem is that we use FormsAuthenticationTicket.UserData property to store additional user information  which is specific for Sitefinity. In your case FormsAuthenticationTicket.UserData is an empty array and this results in the error you see. We made some changes to the code which provides some more descriptive information about the error.

Is there any reason for not using our built-in Login controls which will not cause such a issue? I tried to replicate the issue by using the standard ASP.NET Login control with no avail. Probably there is something in the logic of your custom control that sends data to FormsAuthenticationTicket.UserData and then we read it in an inappropriately.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2010 00:00

Ivan,

We're still seeing this error across all installations of sitefinity.
Here is the custom code we're using to login.  I believe it is what was suggested in an earlier thread:

var now = DateTime.UtcNow;
var ip = SystemManager.CurrentHttpContext.Request.UserHostAddress;
var manager = UserManager.GetManager();
var user = manager.GetUser(username);
user.IsLoggedIn = true;
user.LastLoginIp = ip;
user.LastLoginDate = now;
user.LastActivityDate = now;
SecurityManager.SetAuthenticationCookie(SystemManager.CurrentHttpContext.Response, "Default", user, false);
manager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
manager.SaveChanges();
manager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = false;

Is there anything wrong with our code?  Anything we're missing?
There were too many problems with the telerik login form to use it as is, but maybe that was cleaned up in a more recent release since we last tried it.  Regardless, I want to make sure we are using the correct approach to do a programmatic login as it's likely we'll need this at some point, such as when a user registers with the site for the first time.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Matt,

Try setting persistent parameter to true. The same code is used in our login control, so there should not be a difference if you use this code or the Login control. There are not changes to the LoginForm and LoginControl related to the authentication since the RC released on 17 th of November. There are small improvements in the form  rendering.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

We ran into this issue 12 days ago.  It was happening for less then a few hours and then went away without any intervention on our part.  We have not seen it since.

The problem occurred while using Sitefinity 4.2.1650.0.  Attached is a screen shot of the error with stack trace.  Perhaps it will prove useful in diagnosing the problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Antoine,

This is not the same issue except the main error. Your stack trace is different. The initial issue is related to the RenewTicket, since you get error from PermissionAttribute which is responsible for permission set to verify against the current user and allowed actions. As I see you query a page on which you have news list control. The problem could be if you have set some specific permissions to a news item for a user that does not exist or similar case. Try removing the controls from the page to narrow down the issue. Then check permissions for the problematic control and content items. You can try to set them again.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed