Sitefinity and VB.NET

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:52

Sitefinity and VB.NET

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello,

Is the use of VB.NET with Sitefinity development taken lightly by the Sitefinity team?

If so:
1) why?
2) should I toss aside my plans for Sitefinity development

If not:
1) why are all Sitefinity 4 tutorials geared toward C#?

I am not asking this to start a 'what is better' discussion. My perception (and it may just be perception) is that my experience with the telerik ASP.NET controls has been largely VB friendly but now it feels like I am a serious outsider.

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello John,

You are right that our team prefers C# over VB, but this is just team preference. I don't think that you can throw away Sitefinity because of that - after all, you can still use VB for your custom development of widgets and modules.

To answer your question on the examples, up to now we were first trying to produce nice documentation that can answer most of the questions of our customers. We are really looking forward to produce VB examples out of the C# ones. First we will start with the examples in the SDK, then we will continue with those in the Developers Guide. 

For the time being, I suggest you using our Code Converter - http://converter.telerik.com/. It's not a perfect solution, but it still better than nothing.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed