404 Error in Admin Section (Pages)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:51

404 Error in Admin Section (Pages)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2010 00:00
I just did a clean install of 4.0.962.0 on a clean build of Win 2008.

Created an IIS website with it's own application pool. Home dir is D:\Sites\MySite\
Set the application pool to .NET 4
Set the pool to run as a specific user
Made sure app pool user has full control to D:\Sites\MySite
Website uses host headers for www.mysite.com and mysite.com.

Create a new project using Project Manager
Click Browse
Go to IIS
Select www.mysite.com
Provide name of cms and path of D:\Sites\MySite\cms
Status Online

Browse to new site and setup database on SQL Server with Windows Authentication

Browse to Admin site, login
Click Pages
Create New Page
Click "Create and go to add content"

I get a popup "IIS 7.0 Detailed Error - 404.6"

Help!

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2010 00:00
Hello Matthew,

It looks like the problem is related to the defined verbs in your IIS. Please take a look at Error message when you visit a Web site that is hosted on IIS 7.0: "HTTP Error 404.6 – VERB_DENIED"

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2010 00:00
Hi Ivan,

That definitely seems to be the issue. The strange part, however, is that my original configuration was set to:

<verbs allowUnlisted="false" applyToWebDAV="true">
    <add verb="GET" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="HEAD" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="POST" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="OPTIONS" allowed="true" />
</verbs>
and only upon changing to:

<verbs allowUnlisted="true" applyToWebDAV="true"/>

Which to me suggests that another verb rather than GET or POST is being used? Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Matt
Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2010 00:00
Hi Matthew,

WebDAVModule should not be used. It has to be removed.

<remove name="WebDAVModule" />

The same applies for the handler.

<handlers>
      <remove name="WebDAV" />

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2010 00:00
Hi Ivan,

I am not using WebDAV and it IS disabled as you said. I think you're missing my question...

Now I have:
<verbs allowUnlisted="false">
    <add verb="GET" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="HEAD" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="POST" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="OPTIONS" allowed="true" />
</verbs>

and I get the error, but if I change to :

<verbs allowUnlisted="true" />

it works. This suggests to me that some other verb is being used...just trying to figure out what. I would rather specify the required verbs than to just allow everything.

Thanks,
Matt
Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2010 00:00
Hello Matthew,

We require GET,HEAD, PUT, POST.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2010 00:00
Thanks Ivan!

I can confirm that by changing to:

<verbs allowUnlisted="false">
    <add verb="GET" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="HEAD" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="POST" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="OPTIONS" allowed="true" />
    <add verb="PUT" allowed="true" />
</verbs>
everything works as expected!

Take care,
Matt
Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2014 00:00

I found this post while trying to resolve an error in SF 6.0 with content items getting locked and not being able to unlock them. I discovered that the verb DELETE also needs to be added. This article explains how to do it through IIS if you have request filtering turned on:

www.iis.net/.../verbs

 Hope that helps somebody!

The IIS error I was getting was a 404.6.

 

This thread is closed