What are dynamic pages?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:52

What are dynamic pages?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

In Sitefinity, there is a concept of dynamic pages (RC 4.0 can have unlimited dynamic pages). What are dynamic pages? I assume static pages are those made through the backend, correct?

Thanks

How about News-Items where you click on one and a details page for that news Item is generated.

You have a List of News in 1 page on your backend, which could have 30 newsitems generating 30 dynamic detail pages.

Markus

Hi ,

There are cms pages -  Sitemap Pages which are part of the SiteMapDataSource which does not include
Content Items. For content items we resolve the DetailItem from URL or Definition. If the item Url requires redirection the request is just redirected. All content managers that inherit from ContentManagerBase have a method GetItemFromUrl which we use.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

In my case, so something like an RSS feed and each of its articles would be a dynamic link.

My technical problem now is that I have a bunch of web controls (which could exceed 25). So I could just resolve these dynamically from finding out which link/button was pressed, hence this is a dynamic page?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi G S S,

You can get the data you need from some logic implemented in your controls.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2010 00:00

Do ascx controls come under Content Items?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi G S S,

They are physical files and all control templates in Sitefinity are embedded resources.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed