StartingNodeUrl error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:51

StartingNodeUrl error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

I upgrade my site to the last build (03-12) one of mine navigation control stoped to work. It seems that this version have a o problem width the property StartingNodeUrl . If i give a valid URL to StartingNode it throws an error. Example :

<sfNav:NavigationControl id="LM" runat="server"  MaxDataBindDepth="3"   StartingNodeUrl="/test3"   SelectionMode="SelectedPageChildren" NavigationAction="OnClick" NavigationMode="VerticalTree" ></sfNav:NavigationControl>

I need an urgent solution because i need to fix this problem.

Hi JV,

I checked the control you pasted, but I was not able to replicate any issue. Are you getting any error?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

See the attached images to see the error and the steps.

Hi JV,

This error appears if the StartingNodeUrl does not exist on the current page culture. For instance you have set StartingNodeUrl to "teste3" which has been created under "PT" culture and you are adding your control on a page where the culture is "EN". If teste3 exist in both the languages there should not be a problem.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

This pages exists in the current language i am in the PT version of the site and if i click in the page the error shows (so the StartingNodeUrl does exists).

I don't understand that before upgrade to last release i don't have this problem and now i have.
I need a solution and  need to understand how to resolve it.

I try to made a downgrade of the release and start working if i make the upgrade stops working.

Is clear that something changed an i don't know what ?

To have both languages of one page is not one solution because i don't need to translate all my site and the features of sitefinity allow me to do that.

Hello JV,

The only way that I am able to replicate this issue is when the NavigationControl uses StartingNodeUrl which does not exist in the current culture and this is what the error says - there is not node in the SiteMap.

1. Have you added your navigation control on a page or it is inside the template?
2. Which is the language version under which you created a template and added the control?
3. Which is the language version under which you browse the page when the error appear?

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This happens to me as well using the default navigation control that is provided. I do not have any languages setup on this project.

It seems to happen when you select 'start from a certain node' in the navigation options, if you set it to the root 'Pages' it does not seem to have a problem

Hi,

I have two languages (pt-PT the default and EN as second)

1 - The navigation control is inside a template in the.master file (see image in attach)

2 -  I think i don't understand the question, the templates does'nt have language ? I create the page in my default language (pt-PT) and link/associate that page to my template.

3 - It is PT, because my default language is PT. If i inject the domain/teste3 so the page exists.

I tried to begin with one new database  but the problem is the same.

Hi,

another strange thing. I tried to had the navigation control to my page by editing the page and drag an drop it in the page. After drop it i tried to costumize it so i edit the control and select the option "All pages under particular page".
Please see the attached file !!

Hi,

I tried to create a simple test project with only one language and the problem is the same. Please see the attached screens and try to follow the steps. I do it only to be sure that it is not a problem of my particular project.

Please help,
JV

Yikes, well mine isn't that bad, I can still pick pages and the names show up. But when clicking finish I get the exception.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Kristian,

We have logged a bug with ID 100876 for this issue.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed