Navigation widget bug?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:52

Navigation widget bug?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

I have a problem with navigation widget using "horizontal with tabs" menu type.

I have the following site map:
- Group Page : 
    - Home page
    - About us
        - sub page 1
        - sub page 2
    - xxx
        - xxx sub page 1

When i click on About us, sub page 1 and sub page 2 appears. That's ok.

Here is my problems:
- it is possible that when clicking about us, "sub page 1" is selected?
- when i click on sub page 1 for example, state of the menu is lost, I only see about us (not sub page 1 and sub page 2)
- how to define the link of a menu item to an external page (within another group page or within another website)?

We need to display a sub navigation on the left column that will contain third level items (under About us -> sub page 1). Both main navigation and sub navigation should be linked. How can i do that?

And finally what is the best way to personalize the look and feel of my menu? I noticed that in the navigation properties under "design settings" there is 2 properties:
- wrapper CSS class
- Custom template path

What is wrapper CSS class? How does it work?
How to use a custom template in this case? 
Do you have any documentation about these 2 features?

Thanks

Jocelyn

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello jocelyn,

- it is possible that when clicking about us, "sub page 1" is selected?

It is possible but you need a custom template for this. The control has an option "Custom template path" available in the control designer.  This is  a property which you should set to the custom control in which you have RadTabStrip control declared. You do not have to worry about the binding, because the NavigationControl will bind your custom RadTabStrip internally.

You have to get the clicked item ( use OnClientTabSelecting or OnClientTabSelected events ) and check its items collection by using get_tabs and set set_selected to the first item in the collection. You can take a look at client side API of the control.

- when i click on sub page 1 for example, state of the menu is lost, I only see about us (not sub page 1 and sub page 2)
- this is a bug that we logged for fixing. The bug id is 102013. I updated your Telerik points.

- how to define the link of a menu item to an external page (within another group page or within another website)?

Please take a look at attached screenshot. You can do this from NavigationControl designer when you open the control for editing.

Styling

1. Create a new theme inside App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/PageTemplates/App_Themes
2. Inside the Theme  create a folder called Global
3. In this folder put your stylesheet with some content

App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/PageTemplates/App_Themes/Test/Global\

sample styles.css ( for RadTabStrip control )

.RadTabStrip_CustomSkin
    background-color:Red !important;

If you want to use SKIN file this does not work with NavigationControl class and you can use an instance of the control for each you have created a skin - say RadTabStip control.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed