Sitefinity BizSpark

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:48

Sitefinity BizSpark

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2010 00:00

I'm just throwing this out there but have you considered starting a BizSpark program similar to Microsoft?

www.bizspark.com/.../home.aspx

The idea behind BizSpark is that companies (which meet certain requirements) can get licenses to software at a discount.  There is an application and approval process.  This drives innovation because you get access to tools that make building software easier without the upfront costs. Once your "idea" starts generating revenue you must purchase a license.  I have a number of ideas for websites/applications that I would like to build out using Sitefinity but I can't afford the 2k license for a Standard Edition with no revenue coming in.  $499 is definitely affordable but I need unlimited content items.  There are obvious benefits but also a cost burden to the company because someone has to manage the program and revenue would be deferred for a period of time.  I just thought I would throw it out there because I think using Sitefinity as an application framework would allow people to bring their great ideas to reality quickly. 

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Shawn,

You are quite correct in saying that an option like this would allow people to start new projects easier, and you also pointed the additional tasks that will come up with engaging with BizSpark. I have forwarded this ticket to our marketing department - I'm not sure if they have considered and discussed the idea already, but it never hurts to ask.

Thank you for the suggestion! I will look forward to their reply and I'll let you know if they come up with a positive answer.

Regards,
Grisha Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed