Could not find sitemap node error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:45

Could not find sitemap node error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

After updating to 4.0.962.0 I started getting the following error:

[ArgumentException: Could not find the sitemap node with URL '/parent-page/first-child/second-child'.]
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetNodes() +3232755
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetTreeView(String viewPath) +49
   Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.GetHierarchyData(IEnumerable data) +229
   Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +290
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +182
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +274
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +251
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +113
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4185

This seems to be occurring on any page that has child pages.

Thanks.

Hello Bryan,

1. Do you have localization enabled?
2. Where have you added the control - on a page or inside the template?
3. Do you have two or more language versions on the page you are trying to open and does this page exist in the current language?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Ivan,

I am only using English.  I don't have any other languages installed.  The navigation control is being added to a page to generate a list of child pages.

I updated to 4.0.962 and the problem started to occur.  So I am wondering if something changed with a configuration or something like that.

Thanks,
Bryan

Hello Bryan,

I replicated the issue locally and it was logged as a bug. I updated your Telerik points.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed