problem in adding product module in sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:32

problem in adding product module in sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello,

I want to add a product module in sitefinity. I have followed all the steps mentioned in

www.sitefinity.com/.../products-module-simple-implementation.html.

I have downloaded all the dll files required which have been mentioned here.
But it was giving a error:
'Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Samples.Products' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

I have followed some blogs posted by sitefinity, they have said that in my existing project there should have a telerik.sample.product.dll file But I don't have that file in my project in which I am working. So I add that file to the project which I got from that link. The version of that file is 1.0.0.0. Still it is giving errors:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Framework, Version=3.7.2136.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfeaee0e3978ac79' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'

I am attaching a document of errors which I have got at the time of build.

Looking for your feedback.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Nabanita,

Please update the references of the products class library. More information about adding/removing references can be found at MSDN..Please clean the solution and make sure that your references do not update automatically.

Make sure that you have Telerik.Framework.dll version 3.7.2136.2 in your bin folder.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello,

I have added references of all the dll files as required.
But now it is giving an error:
Method 'get_SecurityManager' in type 'Telerik.Cms.Data.DefaultProvider' from assembly 'Telerik.Cms.Data, Version=3.7.2136.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfeaee0e3978ac79' does not have an implementation.

I am attaching a file mentioning the error.

Can you provide me the right dll files or it is an error of configuration?

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Nabanita,

Most probably the references in the project have not been fixed. Please check this post.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

Can you please provide me any documentation mentioning the details about the references?

Hello Nabanita,

You can take a look at MSDN.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

At the time of building the project it is showing errors:
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Security, Version=3.7.2136.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfeaee0e3978ac79

If I add reference to that dll, it showing no error at the time of building, but at the time of execution it is showing error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Security, Version=3.5.1747.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfeaee0e3978ac79

At the time of add reference it is producing a dll refresh file.

What will be the reason of this exception?

Hello Nabanita,

It looks like  your visual studio auto update the references. Please manually update references in your Visual Studio projects so that it will come from the bin folder of the main project - Sitefinity.
Just to let you know this thread is for Sitefinity 4.0 where you cannot use products module sample. For questions related to Sitefinity 3.x you can use one of the threads below

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hello,

In my bin folder there is telerik.security version 3.7.2136.2, but it is showing error
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Security, Version=3.5.1747.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfeaee0e3978ac79'

what version should I use? I have telerik.security version 3.7.2136.2 from the initial of my project. When I was trying to add product module according this link
www.sitefinity.com/.../products-module-simple-implementation.html ,
 then that error is coming.

What version should I use?

Thank you

Hi Nabanita,

Please follow the directions provided in this post.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hello,

Thanks. Now the exception is solved, it is executing now.
But I can't see the product module in admin panel. Does it requires any database entry?

Thank you.

Hello Nabanita,

You have to register the module in the web.config

• Register the products configuration section by pasting the following line in the web.config file as an immediate child of <sectionGroup name=”telerik”>:
    <section name="products" type="Telerik.Samples.Products.Configuration.SectionHandler, Telerik.Samples.Products" requirePermission="false" />
  • Register Products module by pasting following line as an immediate child of telerik/framework/modules section:
    <add type="Telerik.Samples.Products.ProductsModule, Telerik.Samples.Products" /> 
  • Add new Generic Content provider by pasting following line as an immediate child of the telerik/cmsEngine/providers section:
    <add name="Products" urlRewriteFormat="[Name].aspx" urlWhitespaceChar="_" visible="False" defaultMetaField="Name" securityProviderName="" allowVersioning="True" applicationName="/Products" versioningProviderName="" allowComments="false" commentsModeration="true" connectionStringName="GenericContentConnection" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.Data.Providers.DefaultProvider, Telerik.Cms.Engine.Data"></add> 
  • Declare the metafields for the products module by pasting following lines as an immediate child of telerik/cmsEngine/metaFields:
    <add key="Products.Name" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="Name this content" mandatory="True" /> 
    <add key="Products.Price" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="" /> 
    <add key="Products.SKU" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="" /> 
    <add key="Products.Weight" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="" /> 
    <add key="Products.Category" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="" /> 

• Declare the products module section by pasting following lines as an immediate child of telerik/cmsEngine section:
    <products defaultGenericProvider="Products"> 
          <genericContentProviders> 
            <add providerName="Products" urlRewriteFormat="[Name].aspx" urlWhitespaceChar="_" /> 
          </genericContentProviders> 
    </products> 

• Save web.config file, build your solution and run it. Products module will be available in the Modules section

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks for your cooperation.
But still I need help. Now I an getting an error:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Provider with name 'Products' has not been set

I am attaching a error message file. Please check it.
What would be the reason of that error?

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Nabanita,

The error says that there is not provider with name "Products" defined in the web.config, <cmsEngine> node and you do not have a node <products> in the web.config. Please check your settings again.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed