Backend generic content by category not showing all content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:44

Backend generic content by category not showing all content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this, so I'm guessing maybe it's a problem unique to our setup. When I login to the backend and try to view generic content items by category, it's not showing me all of the content.  The two attachments show how it says there is 1 document and 6 content items.  The document list shows nothing, and the content items list is only showing one on the first page, the second page is empty, and the other five items are spread out across pages 3 through 6.  Any thoughts about why this is happening, or suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Matt,

Screenshots indicates that you have done some changes in settings (paging is shown). Could you please provide more info about your setup and what are your custom settings

Kind regards,
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

We haven't intentionally made any changes... the only thing I can think of is something may have gone awry in one of the upgrades.  I wouldn't even know how to make changes to this functionality.  Can you give me any leads for where to look?  Maybe a config file or database setting that affects the paging?

I attached another screenshot where it says there are 13 content items in a category broken out onto 6 pages.  There are 2 items on every page except page 3 has 4 items, which is a total of 14.  In other categories it might show 6 on the first page, then 1 on the second page... you get the idea.  Doesn't appear to be any pattern to it.

The full generic content list seems to work fine, just run into problems when filtering by categories or tags.  Any chance there's a bug where it's applying the paging before the filtering?  Seems like this must be a bug.

We're on RC build 4.0.941.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce the problem even with 20 content items. If you want you can send us the database so we can try to drill down the problem locally

Kind regards,
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed