Feature Request: Recycle Bin

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:43

Feature Request: Recycle Bin

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2010 00:00

If you delete a document in SF 4.0 it would be nice if it would be trown into a recycle bin.

Why. Because if one of many user deletes a page the only way to get it back would be to use the DB Backup.

So it would be nice if those pages would be trown into a recycle bin.

Trust me users can delete page they still want :-)

Markus

Hi Markus,

The implementation of Recycle Bin is in our plans for 2011.
We will announce our plans for Q1 in January.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Kalina

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking forward to an exiting 2011 Sitefintiy wise. I guess starting of March we see big improvments and as of the middle of the year SF will rock.

Regards Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

Just wondering if there has been any progress on a recycle bin yet?  I did a quick look through the features and haven't seen any mention.

Thanks
Byron

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Byzza,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.
This feature is not scheduled for Q2 and I cannot tell for sure whether will be included in the plans for Q3. Anyway, I have logged this feature request in PITS where you can go vote and raise its priority. The issue ID is 6513

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

@Antoaneta I think perhaps you have something broken on your end, I've received a PITS link today from you as well with a broken URL like that one

admin.telerik.com/

Is it some sort if PITS issue link generator?

Hi Antoaneta,

Thanks for getting back to us.  The link does link to what appears to be a private admin link.  and when I search for 6513 in the public system I can't find it.

Regards
Byron

It appears you can get to it directly with:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6513

After 6 month the idea seems to be added to PITS. Hope it does not take as long to implement it :-)

Markus

Hello,

@Steve: yes, we are using a link generator, for some reason this link was not to the public site, please excuse me for the inconvenience.

@Byzza: Thank you, this is the correct link.

@Marcus: We will do our best to add this feature as soon as possible.

Thank you all for the valuable feedback you share with us.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2013 00:00

Dec 2010 - Feature Request

Dec 2010 - The implementation of Recycle Bin is in our plans for 2011. We will announce our plans for Q1 in January. 

Jun 2011 -We will do our best to implement this feature as soon as possible.

Now 1 1/2 years later - Any news on this if this is even considered for 6.0?

www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

One of the items with the most votes on PITS

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

We are planing on every release of Sitefinity to address more feature request like this one. Feature requests that are really wanted and voted. However, please note this feature request will not be included in Sitefinity 6.0 as we have already planed the feature implementations for this upcoming release and they do not include Recycle Bin in it. We will do our best to implement and include this feature request as soon as possible.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

It would be a nice addition, I think. In some CMS systems they don't actually delete the records, but just indicate it as 'deleted', by setting a flag.

If the recycle bin shows those flagged records which you then could permanently delete? Would be great!

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I have forwarded your feedback to our UX team. Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2013 00:00

@Daniel, yeah I have to create stupid custom tables and handle EventHub events to "save" the old data to restore...just a huge pain

This thread is closed