Create an album / Description, image size open.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:28

Create an album / Description, image size open.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2010 00:00

Another click issue for me

If you create an album you have to click on description and default image size first to set the values.

I assume having such an advanced CMS the end-user will have at least a 19" screen.

If you open the two settings you will be still under 850 pixel hight so even on 1400 x 900 end users would be able to see the Create this album button.

Yes, its polished but is it also practical ?

Markus

OK for those with bigger problems like active directory who think this little feedbacks are peanuts. A lot of small improvements can make a big difference :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Markus ,

From UX perspective it is always better to have simple and light interface with minimum distracting elements.
At this screen the focus is on creating an album, and specifying additional properties is only optional.
Very often this step will be skipped and we don't want to overload the user with this information.

One idea we discussed internally is to add an option for users set their own preferences whether such fields to be expanded by default or not. This was added to our backlog (ID 101917)

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

Sorry Kalina

But I have to disagree once more. Usability is not only how something looks but also how many clicks you need to get something done.

Back to my car anolagy. Its nice to have a clean and neat dashboard, but if I had to open a box every time I wanted to change a station on my radio I would really get anoid.

Markus

This thread is closed