Oddity with IE 8 CompatView and FormBuilder Error messages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:00

Oddity with IE 8 CompatView and FormBuilder Error messages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2010 00:00

I am testing out the form builder and notice the validation messages do not look the same between IE 8 and IE 8 in compat view.  I do not have a copy of IE 7 to see if it is just a glitch with compatibility view, but attached are the screenshots.

Capture1.jpg shows IE 8 and this is what I see in Firefox as well.

Capture2.jpg shows what I see with IE 8 compatibility view (IE 7 standards).

Note:
I realize that there should also be an icon image to the left of the message, but I am in the process of tracking it down in the SDK so I can copy it over to the theme.  All other styles associated with the form have been copied over so I do not believe it is anything with my css, but hey I could be wrong!

Updated:
It helps to post the screen shots too!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Stacey,

Can you attach the screenshots that shows the issue you have?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Sorry about that.  I updated my last post and thought I attached them, but I was in a hurry and did not check!

Let's see if I get them attached this time.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Stacey,

I checked the behavior of the TextForm in IE 8 and IE 7 and there is no difference in the way that validation message is displayed. This looks like as an issue with compatibility view.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Ivan,
We have a similar problem in real IE7. There is something new about it?

Best regards
Dmytro

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Dmytro ,

We have confirmed this as a bug. We will try to put it for fixing as soon as possible. I hope that we will be able to do it next week for the internal build. 

Greetings,
the Telerik team

This thread is closed