Error after upgrading from BETA2 to RC

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:46

Error after upgrading from BETA2 to RC

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi, I have encountered an error after upgrading my site into the RC version. Whenever I view my pages by Hierarchy, it prompts a pop-up message that says:

Sequence contains more than one matching element

Also, I tried opening one page and an error occurs:

Server Error in '/website' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.685.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.685.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.685.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' could not be loaded.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

About the second error, it's kinda weird because I kept searching the entire solution (Sitefinity project directory) for any code that references Telerik.Sitefinity dll version 4.0.685.0 but there is none.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2010 00:00

Anybody?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello jkregala,

The error says that Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.685.0 cannot be found and your project. Please verify that you have this dll in your bin and add a references to the project from your bin.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi, this time I upgraded from RC to RC2. Same type of error occurs. The DLL for Telerik.Sitefinity has been upgraded to 4.0.1030.0 from the previous 4.0.992.0. I have pages that reference to the latter, so the error occurs. These pages have existed before the upgrade, they have been created when the version of Sitefinity 4.0 was still the original RC. Am I supposed to add references to the old DLL's? Isn't upgrading supposed to update all references to the latest version?

--Edit: I have added custom layout controls, turns out they cause the error. Had to reconfigure them, problem solved.

Hello jkregala,

Sitefintiy pages are dynamically created and there is no physical relation page - Telerik.Web.UI version. This could happen if you have a custom controls that you have built against 4.0.992.0 and these custom controls was not compiled with reference to 4.0.1030.0 after you upgraded the project.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for clarifying :)

This thread is closed