Feed and Notifications

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:46

Feed and Notifications

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

Is there any documentation on how to use the "feeds and notifications" module? I dont see any field to enter the feed url.

Thanks,

Hi Sonu Kapoor,

You can specify feed url from its settings in the publish as content area, refer to attached image. Feeds and notifications documentation can be found in our online user manual here.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Great, now how do I view the content of that feed?

Here is what I am trying to achieve: I would like to add an external rss feed, import the content into the sitefinity database and display it as news. Is that possible?

Hello Sonu Kapoor,

Please review the attached screen cast importing an external feed for the blogs. The principle is the same for news.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

Thanks. That works perfect.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

How do I disable the Feeds & Notifications section from the Administration context menu?
Or even take the Alternative Publishing section off?

Please see attached image for a better explanation.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

Have you tried to remove/set permissions to the backend page?

Sitefinity/Administration/BackendPages/Pages

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ivan,

I would prefer to remove it altogether rather than just hide it.

I can see it in the Backend Pages. Do you think it would be OK if I just remove it
from there completely?

Many thanks,
Andrei

Ivan,

At my peril I have deleted the Alternative Publishing and renamed the Dashboard page to User Manual
and it seems to be holding. I will keep you advised.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

I was hoping to get some clarification on how the feeds work. Can i create a feed in Sitefinity that displays information from content blocks on particular pages. Not news or blogs per say, but stand alone content blocks.

I realize it may not be set up this way, as it's a bit unusual. If this is the case, would my best course of action be to investigate using the API to produce page content as dynamic xml?

Any advice is mega appreciated.

Many thanks,
Pat

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Robert,

In order to be able to display some content from content block in a feed you need to create your custom outbound pipe for this. We have prepared a blog post with samples on creating custom pipes. Please check it out here: Publishing system brief walkthrough.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed