Sitefinity 4.0 Custom Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:18

Sitefinity 4.0 Custom Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

Hellow,

I want to create a basic custom module. I need it to have all the common features like the out-of-the box news module for example. things like List view, Create new, Edit, Preview at the back end. I was not able to find any sample code for a custom SF4 module that demonstrate all the features i need to implement in my new module.

The Job module has only the list view at the backend and a Widget (Job application upload) to gather user input at frontend, which is not what I need. Could you please provide me some sample code for a basic custom module with couple of fields so that I can reffer to that and continue implementing the custom module i need?

Thanks!
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Duneel,

Thank you for using our services.

Unfortunately we do not have documentation on creating a custom module which inherits from the built in content based modules. The major problem here was that up until recently the modules were not created for external extension. We have refactored our code and a preparing a sample module which will utilize the existing modules such as News to create a custom one. It will be a products module which we will have as documentation within 2-3 weeks.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

I think one of the most common requests and most common things I do is to extend the generic content module. It would be great if you could start with that, I'd even take the templates without any documentation.

I'm really surprised to hear that you had to refactor code to allow for these base modules to be extended. How was that not built in from day one? If you look at SF3.x forums, customizing modules is extremely common!

Looking forward to being able to understand how to build and integrate completely custom modules. Other than the missing functionality, this is a major hurdle for me t be able to migrate my 3.x sites to SF4.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm looking forward to see the sample code for the Products module that is being developed currently. I hope it will will be a good starting point to develop customs modules for Sitefinity 4.0.

Thanks!
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

Any update about some documentation or sample working code for Sitefinity 4.0 custom content module?

Thanks
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Duneel,

We will have it with the official release. The module development is finished and we are fixing some bugs.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Ivan,

Found that the official release is out. My congratz to you and to the great dev team.

Have you guys been able to release sample code and documentation for custom module development along with the official release?

Thanks!
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Duneel,

Yes, you can download the SDK that comes with the official release.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed