own master page error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:25

own master page error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

I tried to use my own master page (which also works correctly), I used this link www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-a-template-using-master-pages.aspx, but I had a problem.

Please find attached a screenshot for the exception.

Hello Millaneli,

You are getting null reference exception from a method inside RouteHandler. Could you send us the steps you have followed and the HTML of the template that yo use, because it is hard to tell you which object is nully only from the error message.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

In fact, under the folder ~ / App_Data / Sitefinity / I have not found the remains of folders WebsiteTemplates / YourTemplate / App_Master /. So I created on my computer, then with VS2010 I included in my project. For verification, I found them in the menu Administration-> Files

Hello Millaneli,

The path should be ~ / App_Data / Sitefinity / PageTemplates / App_Master. Actually there is no restriction to use any other folder of the website when you work in Visual Studio, because you register the template through Sitefinity >> Page Templates which allow you to pick any .master file from your project.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed