Number of Content Items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:15

Number of Content Items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2010 00:00

Good day to Telerik Staff

Content Item is a discrete item of content that is placed on the website created using the Software, including news reports, video images, event notices, and documents, blog posts, and still images.
UNQUOTE

Just to make sure. Is it correct that the limit is on what you display not on what you upload.

So if you  upload 1000 pictures in the SBE and use only 10 at the time would this count as 10 or 1000?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Markus,

We actually count the uploaded content items with status published. These items may be visible or not, but once they are published, we count them.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Sorry still don't got my RC really working.

Can I unpublish images and documents?

And if yes in what versions SBE, SE

PS: I really would have expected that only 'used', 'visible' elements would be counted.

Regards Markus

Hi Markus,

With the build next week, you will be able to publish / unpublish all kinds of content items. This will be valid for all versions.
As for the content items, we did it this way, because you may use the API to show them even on external pages. How are going to track this? 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Georgi

Well I never liked the limitation on the items anyhow. But the scenario you describe never came to my mind.

Assume this. You have a small buisness doing customization on cars for example. And they want to showcase the process. After a couple of years the will have to unpublish old stuff to show the new images.

I have not yet looked how much 1000 items is in terms of actual usage in the real world (Sure hope you will have stats to show you where you are)

Markus

BTW: sf_activity used to grow and grow. Is this fixed in 4.0?
BTW: can you tell me what the plans are on limit the number of histories. PITS would be nice for SF

Dear Georgi

Well I never liked the limitation on the items anyhow. But the scenario you describe never came to my mind.

Assume this. You have a small buisness doing customization on cars for example. And they want to showcase the process. After a couple of years the will have to unpublish old stuff to show the new images.

I have not yet looked how much 1000 items is in terms of actual usage in the real world (Sure hope you will have stats to show you where you are)

Markus

BTW: sf_activity used to grow and grow. Is this fixed in 4.0?
BTW: can you tell me what the plans are on limit the number of histories. PITS would be nice for SF

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Markus,

Apologies for the late reply.

We've measured some of the typical web sites, and we believe that the numbers should be enough for the corresponding businesses. Now let me answer your questions:

sf_activity used to grow and grow. Is this fixed in 4.0? 
- Yes.

Can you tell me what the plans are on limit the number of histories.
- We will have settings for that in the UI.

PITS would be nice for SF.
- It is in on the radar. Should happen in Q2 probably.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed