3.7 to 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:30

3.7 to 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2010 00:00

On my development box, I have Sitefinity 3.7.  Once I create the core site, I upload it to my production server and then add the pages, content, photos, and whatnot to the site.  I like some of the news features outlined in 4.0.  My concerns are:
1) If I wanted to do all my future development with Sitefinity 4.0, do I simply over install what I have (version 3.7) and can I still go through setting up the basic stuff (like the name of the project and the SQL database stuff) on my machine and then push it onto the server for the further site development?
2) If I have any existing websites in Sitefinity 3.7, if I installed 4.0 over the top of it will it keep my sites running or will all the sites have to be redone in 4.0?
3) Although we are fairly close to the full launch date, if I acquired the RC version, is it reliable enough for full production or should I wait until the full version comes out?  I do not mind (while developing the site) it runs in community version and then acquire the license.  If I also develop the site in 3.7 and then when the full 4.0 is released, can I simply install over the top or will I have to redo the site?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Robert,

Migration the data from 3.7 to 4.0 could be done through the migration tool. When you install 4.0 this does not override any content or data related to 3.7.

Procedure of migrating Sitefinity 4.0 based website from staging to production is the same as this one you use for 3.x websites. Again, all content data goes to the database.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed