How to order the pages in Sitemap

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:55

How to order the pages in Sitemap

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

In Sitefinity 4.0, how do I re-arrange the pages in the sitemap in the way I need? My Navigation controls should display the pages in the same order I need.

Thanks,
Duneel

Hi Duneel,

See this post, it might help you for now. There's definitely a bug in page ordering.
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/bug-page-ordering.aspx

Cheers,
Phill

Hi Phill,

Thank you soo much for the quick response. Yes in the latest build we can change the page order using the Move Up/Down action menus. Also we can drag and drop the pages to get the desired order. However it is not saving that order in the back-end. And when the navigation loads it will show in a different order than what I specified. Appears to be a bug in SF.

Thanks,
Duneel

The issue is that the action menu doesn't work in the current builds (even the most recent). It will change the order but once you come back to the admin the order will be different. The only way to change the order of pages is to drag and drop. However it for example you have 3 sub pages and you want the last one to appear first, it's not enough to just drag the last one to the top. I'm assuming that sort order property/field only gets set when it's dragged then dropped, so if you don't touch it, this property doesn't get set and it ignores the order in the front end. So to get around this, even if page is in the place you want it, you  have to drag it to another location and back again, basically you have to drag and drop each one in order to have the sort order set.

Hope that helps.
Phill

Hi Phill,

Thanks again for explaining what the real issue is. Yeah the page order is getting set when drag-dorp all the pages. Do you know if the telerik team is woking this out in a sooner release?

Thanks!
Dunee;

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Duneel,

We made some changes to the page ordering and the issue should be fixed in the build that we had yesterday.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

Sounds great. Thanks Ivan for keeping me posted.

This thread is closed